1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google penguin update - Forum Signature Links consider Spam or Over Optimised

Discussion in 'Google' started by sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Apr 30, 2012.

My blog affect latest google penguin update and reduced my Google traffic 75%.

I like to know Signature links from leading webmaster forums consider as a spam or "un natural links". i am not get any warnings on google webmaster account for unnatural links.

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  2. grbrains123

grbrains123 Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think so Forum Signature Links consider Spam or Over Optimised

grbrains123, May 1, 2012 IP
  3. ron.ray

ron.ray Peon

Best Answers:
    don't see any reason why it it should be considered as over optimisation

ron.ray, May 1, 2012 IP
  4. jxau00001

jxau00001 Peon

Best Answers:
    but if consider the factor reletive...any webmaster forum reletive to your site topic?

jxau00001, May 1, 2012 IP
  5. gunnamanil

gunnamanil Member

Best Answers:
    It wont happen anything due to signatures.Something wrong u might have done rather than that.

gunnamanil, May 1, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, you need to read about Penguin. Once you've read about it, start analysing your on-page in terms of your content. Is it well written, do the keywords you've dropped for appear many times, have you stuffed your title and meta keywords (which are irrelevant, drop as they can cause harm), etc. (If you take a look at what Penguin is about, then you'll understand.) Sometimes it's hard to be objective about one's own site, so you might want to get someone else to do an analysis for you.

After that, you then need to consider your backlink sources (what is the on-page/content like for them).

After all is done, you'll need to give it a few days of Google to catch up, especially if you had to make a lot of on-/off-site changes.

ryan_uk, May 1, 2012 IP
    Padalda likes this.
  7. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    Penguin Update is just a change of Algorithm from Google and nothing else.

Padalda, May 1, 2012 IP
  8. syedqurat

syedqurat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes agree with ryan dont used title keyword directly again and again.

syedqurat, May 1, 2012 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i have signatures on few top webmaster related forums and i don't see it hurting my site. in fact, my ranking went up significantly for one major keyword after the penguin update. it is only natural that you will want to promote your site/product/service on related forums and google understands that. the way they deal with this is, they only count so many backlinks from a single domain. so even if you have 10k post on a forum, you only get credited for a handful of links.

DP is a nofollow forum now so no worries on that. word of advice: always diversify your links and don;t rely on links from a single method. that is not natural link building in google's eyes. build links slowly, use varieties of methods, keep up with he consistency, your are gonna be fine in the long run

sultanofseo, May 1, 2012 IP
  10. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it is because of Penguin but google has provided a form link where you can fill your website name and your comments if you don't think your website should have been affected by penguin. link https://docs(dot) google (dot)com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ
    hope it will help you.

manoj.kapoor, May 1, 2012 IP
  11. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now i plan to edit all content and delete bad contents...how much time required to get back google search ranking once again...

12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    As mentioned before, at least a few days, but don't necessarily expect the same rank to return. However, if your site can make it back to say the first page (if it was on there before) through just the on-page changes, even at the same rank that's a large part of the battle won.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2012 IP
  13. nuriqbal

nuriqbal Member

Best Answers:
    yes i heard too from another forum that signature link is considered as unnatural link, CMIIW

nuriqbal, May 2, 2012 IP
  14. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you're talking about your TV Channels websites, then the answer is yes. I just looked at your backlinks profile and even I can see that it looks unnatural. If I can see it, Google can see it too. Your main backlink sources are: digitalpoint, v7n, webproworld, sitepoint... REALITY CHECK? It's a site about TV Channels but you build links on webmaster forums? Why? What exactly do you not understand about link building? Sign up with webmasterworld forum and spend the next couple of weeks reading their section about link building. Read and learn, then read some more.

Another look at your link profile. Ukfindit.com, searchgame.co.uk??? Is your site about UK TV? I guess no.

There are many other factors apart from the links. For example your title is 100% spam. "Live TV Channels Online Free" - what is it? A human visitor would never use this phrase to search because people don't speak like that. You don't ask you friend: "Hey, do you know where I can find live tv channels online free?"

All your sites look the same, they use the same boring, user-unfriendly theme and Google can establish that you own all the sites.

I checked a few of your posts with copyscape and found at least 5 - 10 copies for each.

So, let's sum it up. You:

1. have built hundreds of totally irrelevant links
    2. majority of your content is copied from other sources
    3. used unnatural titles and meta descriptions
    4. used a very poor, generic theme (it is a very bad theme with loads of open css and javascript, useless spans and divs resulting in 19% text to html ratio)
    5. don't even have a H1 tag and your H2 tags are non-descriptive

I'm sorry to sound too harsh but I actually want to help. You need to forget everything you thought you knew about SEO, delete the irrelevant links and start from a clean sheet. You can get the rankings back in the long term if you start producing original content and building relevant links. Come on, it cannot be too hard to produce a fresh original description for each video that you add.

tankard, May 2, 2012 IP
    imranamen6 and ryan_uk like this.
  15. Michelle Tanaka

Michelle Tanaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Any citation for that.

Just a pure guest work, nothing to worry about.

Michelle Tanaka, May 2, 2012 IP
  16. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Doesn't common sense tell you forum signature links are unnatural? They are placed there with a a very clear intent, which is far from in line with Google's Webmaster Guidelines. An easy to detect type of link (programmatically), especially considering they are typically placed within a div container or similar with "sig", "signature", etc, as a class/ID. So it's easy for Google to know these are worthless links and not a real vote for that site.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2012 IP
  17. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you created so much Links from non relevant websites then its hurt your ranking, if you create more ads compare to your content then your ranking will hurt, don't use so much off page work just try to make your site more n more informative and user friend now that time has been gone when we created search engine friendly site for promoting ASAP now create your site user friendly, and only generate natural links....

Aryans, May 2, 2012 IP
  18. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

Best Answers:

I am not copy any articles, other websites copy my articles...

19. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @tankard you have said all in a single post you won me man!!

imranamen6, May 2, 2012 IP
  20. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

Best Answers:
    I have lots of links from DP and other forums, it need to remove?