1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Penguin Update

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by PHPGator, Apr 27, 2012.

Just an FYI, I do a lot of testing and try to get my sites ranked the most easily without spending so much money. I have tried out all sorts of services, and lately there were a few that were extremely successful.

Unfortunately, Google came up with what the SEO industry now is currently naming it the "Penguin" update. Google announced they made some additional changes to their algorithm to fight link building spam, and they sure did! If you find your website bouncing around the SERP's recently, you might start out by looking at a couple of things:

#1: Link Diversity

I had a couple of websites get hit really hard. The ones that were the hardest were primarily using one form of link building. For example, I had a site that had about 95% of its links from private networks where spun content was being used, lots of OBL's, and those networks are continued to be indexed so it wasn't that the network entirely lost its value. I found that those links, while not totally discounted, certainly lost a lot of its weight. I dropped from page #1 to page #3 on one of my websites.

#2: Page Relevancy

Generally, this algorithm was publicly stated to combat those spam link building methods. This largely means that links on unrelevant pages are likely discounted heavily as well. Again, I can view the blog networks that I was link building from and realize that the relevancy of those links were very low. On the other hand, I have another website thati s still continuing to do well. I haven't done any link building to it, but the website has natural backlinks. It doesn't have a ton, but one major one that continues to hold it up I believe is a sitewide backlink on a relevant page with low OBL's. To me, I think Google is really hitting on how relevant the link is, that it's on a page with low OBL's so it is clear it is not a spam page mathmatically, and for that reason Google really values those links still.

Any other thoughts on this Penguin Update?

PHPGator, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  2. wblteam

wblteam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another issue are

“Thin” or “Shallow” Content
    Keyword Stuffing
    Hidden Text
    Cloaking
    Paid Links
    Link Spam
    Bad Spelling & Grammer mistake

wblteam, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  3. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will take care of what you mean to say. But you know the algorithm is yet to work out properly.Some innocent sites are slaughtered like mine.Hoping to get everything fixed.

wordpecker, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  4. AllenRobinson

AllenRobinson Guest

Best Answers:
    1st of all, I want to share that: after launching this update of Google - beware while building your backlinks. The backlinks should be looks normal and natural in the eyes of Google. Otherwise your site can be kicked out by Google. After launching the penguin Update there are lots of changes in your Analytics and SERP - so I can suggest that Don't Spam! There are lots more factors where you need to concentrate like -
    - Cloacking
    - Relevant content
    - No need of Paid and unnatural Links
    - Irrelevant links in irrelevant pages etc. So I can say only one thing Say Hello to Penguin and Bye to Spamming.

AllenRobinson, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  5. rushalipatekar

rushalipatekar Guest

Best Answers:
    it sucks a website

rushalipatekar, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  6. NCEIRE

NCEIRE Peon

Best Answers:
    You are not alone. Mine as well, it gets slaughtered just as it started. But am hoping that everything will be back to normal.

NCEIRE, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  7. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to add this up.. Your contents need to be high in quality.. Not only free from grammatical errors and spelling errors also need to be reader friendly... Only reader friendly contents will rank within Google Search Engine. Other than that, make sure to add relevant images to your content...:)

ContentVisionz, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  8. renoutfits

renoutfits Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Dudes

i have 8 to 9 website related to clothing costumes...mostly my all website effected this update.. but still now what should i do and what trick use for continue work taking as soon as my lost ranking & traffic...

because i have stop link building process, update content in sites, removed all link from my websites and other sites...

should i do continue social bookmarking, directory submission and article posting work...otherwise i should use another way for website promotion...

so please dear if u face this problem and what process use for getting as soon as positive results..

renoutfits, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  9. MTMann

MTMann Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Apart fromn the "real" Black Hat methods I think:
    Unique Content (also no Dups in your Backlinks, e.g. Articles)
    Fresh Content
    is the key.

MTMann, May 1, 2012 IP
  10. evera

evera Peon

Best Answers:
    Some things which also affect the Panda Pinguin Zoo

- The ratio of links to main page / subpages
    - The speed of link building
    - If the speed is not constant, one time slow or non, then fast link building
    - Short content, less than 1000 words
    - Linktext is always the same, which is very unnatural

evera, May 1, 2012 IP
  11. MTMann

MTMann Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All in all you are right. I know that the speed is important. But how does Google avoid that your competitors submit your site daily to 1000s of sites with a low value?
    It would be easy to kick a competitors website out of the index if this would be one of the most important values.....

MTMann, May 1, 2012 IP
  12. renoutfits

renoutfits Peon

Best Answers:
    hey guys

have you effected website by Penguin update..now what trick are you using for getting loose your ranking...

which step follow off page optimization...because i have done on page according this update but still i did not understand that what work start on my sites...off page...and how much...

renoutfits, May 1, 2012 IP
  13. evera

evera Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I don't know their algo, but I guess it is a mixture of a lot of factors. And if only one parameter which cannot be solely controlled by the webmaster is not according to the guidelines, then it shouldn't be possible that the ranking gets harmed. But I don't have proof for my assumtion, maybe someone has to really test it.

evera, May 2, 2012 IP
  14. JackSmith11

JackSmith11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey,
    Penguin Update has effected all the sites that were spamming the search engine to gain high rankings.

JackSmith11, May 2, 2012 IP
  15. renoutfits

renoutfits Peon

Best Answers:
    so, now what should we do for getting our loose ranking...and how to get natural links by off page optimization...

now a days has been dead following step??

1. Social Bookmarking
    2. Article Submission
    3. Press Release
    4. Link Exchange
    5. Comment Posting/blog posting
    6. classified submission
    7. site wide links/blogroll links

now...dudes if you effected site by penguin update then what step are you following and did you find any trick...

renoutfits, May 8, 2012 IP
  16. piyasi

piyasi Peon

Best Answers:

Yes Dear, you are right...
    I think, we have to do different activities. After this google penguin update, link exchange is not the ultimate solution to getting rank or incised traffic.

piyasi, May 8, 2012 IP
  17. renoutfits

renoutfits Peon

Best Answers:
    but which different activities?? we do..

renoutfits, May 10, 2012 IP
  18. Ralph Banner

Ralph Banner Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, this is pretty much it.

It is all about link diversity.

You will rank if you have different kind of links

Ralph Banner, May 23, 2012 IP