1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it safe to withdray money generated from warez using Paypal in India ??

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by raveeshm2, Apr 25, 2012.

I am an Indian and i have a website on PC games. The website is NOT hosted in India and it has got quite popular in the last few months. I have now started earning about $50-$80 per month from it. The main source of this income is mainly the FILEHOSTS with affliate programs and the publisher's earnings. Now what i want to ask is that is safe to withdraw such money using Paypal in India. Can it land me into some legal issues ??
    And has anyone has heard of any incident of a person caught by police for hosting and sharing warez content in India.
    I repeat i am an Indian, so please give answers accordingly.

raveeshm2, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. raindog308

raindog308 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rather than worry, why not simply refuse to do business with criminals? Problem solved.

Even if it's legal, you are still profiting from illegal activity.

raindog308, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are making a profit from anything warez related, then you are a criminal and should be prosecuted whether you are in india or anywhere else

malky66, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  4. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh give me a break he didn't break the law, he isn't uploading the content, he isnt hosting the content, you all are fools, you are fine, and shouldn't be worried if anything your paypal account might get limited and you won't be able to withdraw the money, I would take it out as quick as it's deposited. If you were making $10,000 a day I would tell you to be worried but your not, your way under the radar.

ryan1918, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I couldnt give a toss if he has uploaded the content or not, if he is profiting from warez he is a criminal and thats all there is to it, ANYONE who has anything to do with promoting, distributing or otherwise dealing in warez is a thieving cunt and should be booted off the internet

malky66, May 3, 2012 IP
  6. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Well put. Better to ask "what are the odds that I'm going to be caught and sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison?" Nobody knows. It's your risk. Do know that the police and prosecutors like to pound the small guy because he's easy to send away without complaints. The bigger fish are harder to catch.

hockeystick, May 3, 2012 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    even if its safe to do so now, they can still get you years later for what you do today.

check out this: http://rt.com/usa/news/us-extradition-student-uk-493/

i read up alot on that a while back, my understanding is that what he did is considered legal, additionally nearly identical cases were 'thrown out of court'. And im sure that when he did it, it was neither illegal nor something which he could be extradited for.

Not only that, but his website was taken down years ago, in 2010 -> but they are still able to get him today for extradition, and if it wasnt today, theyd keep going until they did get him.

Your question shouldnt be if they will get you now, but rather, will they remember what you have done and lie in wait for you and get you in several years time.

matt_62, May 12, 2012 IP
  8. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    When PP learns the money comes from Warez, bye bye money. This is a simple fact so your idea that the OP should not be worried is wrong.

bob maxey, May 16, 2012 IP
  9. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Than open the warez website and submit to FBI for verification.

Why the megaupload.com close.

Megaupload owner did not upload the files but he suffers.

humtuma, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  10. skull88

skull88 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not because it is illegal in some places that it is everywhere, where I live, linking to content isn't illegal , nor is downloading it for not commercial purposes. It is only illegal to upload it, so nothing wrong with linking to content, he only helps people finding what they are looking for. And last time i checked, helping people doesn't make you a criminal. I don't know the laws in India however, but I know that most warez webmasters I know get paid with paypal and never had any problem with it. So don't worry about it, your earning are anyway to low for paypal to investigate it.

I wouldn't have any problem with making a warez site that only links to content and sending it to the FBI with my contact information. FBI can't do anything outside the us, megaupload also had servers in the us. ;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    skull88, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have said this before and i will say it again. In countries where a website was legal, 100% legal, the US have forced the website owner to be sent to america to face trial.
    Read this: http://rt.com/usa/news/us-extradition-student-uk-493/
    Here is a quote from that page that i would like to highlight: I've done nothing wrong under UK law, and, it's pretty ridiculous isn't it?” Dwyer tells BBC Newsbeat in the UK. "A 65-year-old man was extradited a few weeks ago, so if they can extradite someone that old they can extradite anyone really, couldn't they?

What you do today in your country might be legal, but in 5 years time your country might send you to the US to face trial. LOOK what is happening in other countries, can you really guarantee that for just a few $$ that its worth the risk? What about the guy in New Zealand, arrested and sent to the US, with all assests seized as well? How will you feel if all of your families assests are seized for a small mistake that you make?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    matt_62, Jul 23, 2012 IP