1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Panda or Penguin what hit you?

Discussion in 'Google' started by spice, Apr 27, 2012.

Yesterday, Google confirmed that it also released an update to its Panda algorithm, Panda 3.5, on April 19. Unlike Penguin, which is meant to target spam, Panda is designed to target pages that aren’t spam but aren’t great quality.

The date is important. If your traffic dropped on April 19 and never recovered, then you were probably hit by Panda rather than Penguin

The Penguin Update launched on April 24. It was a change to Google’s search results that was designed to punish pages that have been spamming Google. If you’re not familiar with spam, it’s when people do things like “keyword stuffing” or “cloaking” that violate Google’s guidelines.

Was your site hit by Google’s new Penguin Update that targets spam? Are you not guilty as charged?

The form below is for those who believe they were targeted by mistake.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ

spice, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cloaking a url is not ok? meaning if i have something like: http://url.com/see/link1 instead of the link i will be penalized?

imfusa, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  3. spice

spice Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are doing that with intention of spamming you will get caught and punished,

spice, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  4. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am guilty of something then I don't know what it is. My site has improved throughout the Panda updates, and in fact I had the highest number ever of my keywords on page 1 the day before Penguin hit. I haven't had an "unnatural links" warning and wasn't expecting any problems when this expected update occurred.

turkishhomes, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  5. spice

spice Active Member

Best Answers:
    spice, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  6. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I already did that before posting.

7. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Panda is targeting the content spammers but the penguin is hitting the link spammers. Both have affected lots of websites but penguin have affected the websites more than panda. But google hasn't given any method how to get rid of if any website is affected by penguin. What the site owners have to do so that they can get their ranking back? Will google launch any such update in the near future or not?

manoj.kapoor, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  8. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    None of the update hit us, extremely Relieved!!!

seo-first, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  9. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless they give webmasters the facility to remove unwanted links through GWT I don't see a way round it.

10. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is cloaking? I heard the name, but don't know the exact meaning.

dumindushalika, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  11. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi dumindushalika,

First of all I would like to suggest you do not discuss off topics in any thread, it doesn't make any sense. But you want to know so I would like to tell you that cloaking is the technique to present different sets of a web page to user and search engine. When user agent is recognize as search engine a server side scripts runs which deliver a different content to search engine but when user agent is recognize as browser a different content(set of page) is delivered to the browser.

manoj.kapoor, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  12. spice

spice Active Member

Best Answers:
    wha bale bale !!

spice, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  13. rafelbills

rafelbills Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for info about April 19 and April 24. After the April 24 some of my keywords (which are in top 10) are currently out of 30. Now I am considering to give more quality back links from quality sites.

rafelbills, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  14. proremodelers1

proremodelers1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here! Our luck hasn't yet run out! haha

proremodelers1, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  15. katy2005

katy2005 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean if I post a lot spam links for my competitor, Google will punish my competitor?

katy2005, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  16. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice info about the topics. But what ever is going on is making it hard for some of us. We have to be more conscious.

war_machine, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  17. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When ever i built links for my site i see they slowly start dropping in the google results. When i leave my sites they automatically come back up or stay in place. Google has changed alot since 2006!!

imranamen6, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  18. qbert_seo

qbert_seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the first part that when many people focus on building links then they start to see their rankings drop, but when they do not focus on such then their rankings come back up. This is likely due to the fact that time spent building links is now spent creating a higher quality website, thus developing links naturally, and this is exactly what Google always wanted.

I am not saying this is how it works for everyone and every website. However, the goal with this and any other update is to improve the quality of search results, part of which is encouraging webmasters to spend their efforts on the website's contents rather than link techniques.

qbert_seo, Apr 28, 2012 IP