1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Single Phrase Keyword - Best Approach

Discussion in 'Google' started by PaulAndy24, Apr 17, 2012.

I would like to know best link building strategy for single phrase keyword. Few days keyword will be in good SERP later it ll disappear.

PaulAndy24, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. alexgee

alexgee Peon

Best Answers:
    Its tough to rank for single keywords as Wikipedia and Amazon will outrank you. Can it be done? Yeah with a lot of work. Outflank em and focus on the long tails and interlink. Overtime, you might start ranking for single phrase keywords.

alexgee, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  3. seoexperts233

seoexperts233 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please explain how to target high competetive keywords.

seoexperts233, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  4. PaulAndy24

PaulAndy24 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can dedicate my time, but I would like to know the best approach in link building for single phrase.

PaulAndy24, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Spend some time reading Search Engine Land and SEOMoz. They have very good articles on building strong links.

ryan_uk, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  6. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    Trying to rank a website with a single phrase keyword is quite challenging due to the fact that you're not specifying what your site or niche is all about. For example, you have a site that sells hammers. You just don't plainly sell hammers. It's either you're selling them at a cheap price or that they're lightweight hammers. The thing with single phrase keywords is that it makes it hard for you and the optimizer (if you're hiring) to rank your website.

Torafox, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  7. office

office Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to try, please go ahead. Experience is a good teacher. Keyword on a word has many challenges. At least two or three words, it allows more to be successful. But the length of the keyword can not be guaranteed. Sometimes two words easier than five words. Two-word competition is less than four words.

office, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  8. seo 4 steal

seo 4 steal Peon

Best Answers:
    long tail keywords are relatively easier to rank than the single phrase keywords. than again, all depends on the search volume and how competitive the keyword is. it is a good idea to optimize for long tail keywords so that you can get ranked quicker and if you must rank for the single phrase keywords, get that going at the same time you build links for long tail keywords. keep working slowly and see how far you can go with it. based on the result, you can modify your seo campaign

seo 4 steal, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  9. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site ranks for a lot of single keywords. I didn't do anything to achieve this, and they are all very low ranks, around #50-#200 for the overwhelming majority. But even with such low rankings they generate a lot of traffic, and they certainly get more impressions than long tail keywords - a single keyword at #100 can have more clicks than a long tail at #8.

I find it quite interesting to watch the keywords change but I don't know why they do it. 2 years ago the site didn't rank for *any* single keywords.

RumpledElf, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  10. darknight44

darknight44 Peon

Best Answers:
    web 2.0's still work

darknight44, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  11. PaulAndy24

PaulAndy24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting thought. Thank you

PaulAndy24, May 2, 2012 IP
  12. Jagerr

Jagerr Peon

Best Answers:
    A good link building strategy for a single phrase keyword is to spread the word on relevant blogs. Say something valuable and then backlink your site. It can really add backlinks while getting the word out about your site.

Just don't spam. Usually blogs will have the ability to put in your domain name, and if you can find a way to put it down so people can check it out there shouldn't be a problem. The problem comes when you're just saying nonsense to spam your site.

Good luck!

Jagerr, Aug 10, 2012 IP