1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some help guys regarding redirects...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kevydesigns, Apr 26, 2012.

Hi all..

I have a website that has good traffic, however I think google might have penalized my site abit, some of my keywords have dropped rankings and I was thinking of starting a new domain with the same contents.

I want to know, if I redirect the traffic from my old domain to my new domain, is this allowed and will it affect the SEO on both domains?

Can you pro's please advise what to do and what is the best way to do it?

Also, is this against google adsense terms?

Thanks

kevydesigns, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  2. techendeavour

techendeavour Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you redirect the traffic, you can redirect the site from old one to new one. You are telling that your site is penalized, so edit the content and do it so that your SEO things will improve. This is not against Google or Google adsense. All the best.

techendeavour, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  3. Devitor

Devitor Peon

Best Answers:
    fix the stuff that is dragging your website down. That is a lot less work then making a redirect that will give you the same or lessor ranking.

Your problem may be not that you are penalized. A lot of sites have had a page rank drop, and if your backlinks are coming from that site, you no longer get as much of their pagerank flowing through to your website.

Either way, I doubt making a new domain is going to solve any of your issues.

Devitor, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  4. rajeevranjan

rajeevranjan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

First you need to inform Google that you are redirecting your old website to new one (through Google Webmasters Tools). Also put 301 permanent redirection on all the important pages of old website to relevant pages in new website.

Yes initially you will face ranking drop down and traffic but after the recognition of website by search engine bots you will get more benefit from your old domain.

Thanks

rajeevranjan, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  5. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using some SEO services on fiverr, and I think some of them were poor backlinks.
    The problem now is that I can't get those backlinks removed and now a few keywords have dropped.

6. candy@123

candy@123 Member

Best Answers:
    If you ranking dropped down abit then i don't think that you should to create new download and redirect old domain to new domain. And if your old download was pluralize by Google then you should not redirect that on new page just Delete that domain and start that same website on new domain with old Database. just wait for deindexing old domain from google then launch your new domain.

candy@123, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  7. kevydesigns

Best Answers:
    If I did this, I would lose a lot of money from adsense and I don't want that.

I was thinking of getting a new domain and put my old script on it and just leave the old domain as it is.

One more question, just say I got a new domain.com including .net .org, would it be best to forward it with my registrar or 301 redirect?

8. natashajane

natashajane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am completely agree with your points and will say you should review your content and don't make new website because you have to work very hard to get rank keywords for new domain.

natashajane, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  9. kevydesigns

Best Answers:
    I will leave the old domain as it is and start a new domain fresh with my old script.

Yes SEO will take ages, but I want to avoid fiverr SEO services this time on the new domain.