1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword rank down in all search engines

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seomajesty, Feb 22, 2011.

Hi guys

I am working all off page optimization work in a site. My rank is good in all search engines. But after some time my rank is down in all search engines and all the search engines pick by default page description. What is the resion of that please provide me some alternate and how can i get good ranking in all search engines.

seomajesty, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. varshyl

varshyl Peon

Best Answers:
    You did not write what was your activities when you saw your ranking falling in search engines. Let me see your website name so that I could guess some things

varshyl, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  3. kc33

kc33 Peon

Best Answers:
    have you been continually buidling links or did you stop?

kc33, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  4. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    May be most of your backlinks are dead. Give more quality backlinks to your site & post unique content regularly to your website.

gonzalod34, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  5. jasonbaba

jasonbaba Peon

Best Answers:
    give emphasis on quality links not quantity. make your content unique. do not ping the links which you build. how old is your domain.
    if you can give us more detail then we will be able to give you more valuable suggestions.

jasonbaba, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  6. rwsseo

rwsseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Continue your link building work and build quality backlinks that helps to ranking in all search engines.

rwsseo, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  7. seomajesty

seomajesty Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi guys

I am working all off page optimization work in a site. My rank is good in all search engines. But after some time my rank is down in all search engines and all the search engines pick by default page description. What is the resion of that please provide me some alternate and how can i get good ranking in all search engines.

I am working this site christiangoodman.com till today and lot of work are done by me from this site and no of back link increase not decrease

seomajesty, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  8. LustForJoy

LustForJoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Seomajesty,

I have been hit by the latest Google Ranking Update and the update of the search algorithm, too. You can read about this change here: Google launches update targeting webspam in search results.

There, it becomes clear that it is not the quantity of your backlinks that counts but the way they are built and where they come from. So it would be helpful to know which link building strategy you have used as well as the sources for your backlinks. I understand that you might not want to disclose them here.

But note that in particluar automated ways of generating backlinks can be harmful. Tools like Article Marketing Robot, SENukeX are most likely not to work any more.
    Do the backlinks provide context about the subject matter of your site? This is an important aspect. You should stay clear from link schemes. Examples of link schemes can include:

Links intended to manipulate PageRank
    Links to web spammers or bad neighborhoods on the web
    Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging ("Link to me and I'll link to you.")
    Buying or selling links that pass PageRank

Things like forum links, blog comments, etc. are considered as link spam and are likey to affect your rankings in a negative way.

Me recommendation is that you thoroughly read the Goolge guidelines and check if you meet them. Remove backlinks that you think might violate Googles guidelines. Then after that submit your website(s) for reconsideration here https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/reconsideration.

I know this is a tedious task but probably the only way. I will do the same for my sites that got punished.

LustForJoy, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  9. NoodleHead

NoodleHead Peon

Best Answers:
    I use SubmitEaze to submit to website directories and article directories. Works really well to target niche keywords - remember lots of niche keywords adds up to lots of traffic, so it's a great way of getting traffic. I tend not to target the major 'money shot' keywords because they're too competitive and difficult to rank for, so I target niche keywords instead.

I blast my website details to hundreds of website directories and then try to write a different article each week and publish that with SubmitEaze. Seems to work very well.

NoodleHead, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  10. LustForJoy

LustForJoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of SubmitEaze but I havent used it myself. It is automated submission to directories. I am not sure if this technique still works after Google Panda. Besides the effectiveness of article directories and website directories, I have made the experience that automated submission services and tools usually submit to a lot of directories and Pligg sites that dont have any SEO value at all. The top directories like EzineArticles.com, GoArticles and IdeaMarketers usually dont allow automated submission. At the same time, many of the top web directories like BOTW for instance charge for inclusion.

So I doubt that this method still works while I believe that manual submission to the top directories has still some SEO value. I havent had good experience with automated directory submissions.

Any other opinion? I am curious to learn other thoughts on this.

LustForJoy, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  11. jwmann2

jwmann2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Textbook SEO over an extended period of time of two years is what will help you. It takes time. Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks. Comment like a mad man. Dofollow blogs are hard to find, so I usually don't waste time looking for them. Quality links via web 2.0 properties and article directories will also work wonders with your keyword as the anchor text.

jwmann2, Apr 26, 2012 IP