1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what the advantages of twitter ?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by greatgenius, Sep 19, 2011.

1. SuperDolarMan

SuperDolarMan Member

Best Answers:
    I just do not use twitter so much to know.

SuperDolarMan, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  2. BambiEyes

BambiEyes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,
    Even though I am a beginner, I know that Twitter is all about interactions and communication. :)
    However, I was wondering if you guys had any tips to better use Twitter as a e-marketing tool.

Thanks in advance,
    Bambi.

BambiEyes, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  3. davester83

davester83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Bambi :)

Well one thing that I must mention before you think of implementing the many tricks of the trade on Twitter to enhance your marketing campaign, there are a few platforms that must be put in place.

One of the most important aspects that you must determine is your target audience, which provides the foundation of any business marketing plan or strategy. You will need to do some research and determine the twitter handles of actual target users. One great place to start is Twellow.com which is basically the twitter yellow pages. You can find categories that match your target market.

Once you have found the all important audience, you will need to work out your goals that you wish to achieve from your Twitter channel. Some example goals may include:

(i) Increasing traffic to a blog
    (ii) Enhance customer service
    (iii) Increase sales
    (iv) Engage with customers & potential prospects
    (v) Grow Twitter followers
    (vii) Enhance and promote a brand

Now that you have these building blocks in place you can start to tailor some strategies that fit the mould of the audience and goals that you have set in your strategy. Some examples of effective marketing tactics for given goals are below:

(1) Growing Your Traffic Followers
    • Add highly visible 'Follow Me on Twitter' Buttons on the top right corner of the blog, email, newsletter etc.
    • Follow people in your category using the Twitter "Yellow Pages" tool on Twellow.com.
    (2) Increasing Traffic to Your Blog
    • Automate tweeting of your best posts on a regular basic using tools like SocialOomph.com.
    • Send power Tweets that increase engagement (hence traffic) by 400% by signing up to Twylah.com and using their "Power Tweet" feature.
    • Use # (hash) tags in your tweets to put your tweets into lists people are monitoring on their Twitter apps such as Tweetdeck or Hootsuite.
    Some other effective techniques that I have used include:
    1. Increase the number of twitter list you are on. Basically Twitter lists are where people put you on a list if they think you are relevant to a topic they are interested in. Your list count will grow from 2 core elements:
    • Creating great content that educates and solves problems
    • Being ubiquitous on the web and publishing your content to social media networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.
    2. Increasing engagement on Twitter - having more conversations "one to one" either on the public channel or the private messaging feature of Twitter with "Direct Messages". These tactics could be activities such as:
    • Answer questions people ask you on Twitter
    • Ask questions of your Twitter followers
    • Recognise people on Twitter who retweet your blog posts often using #FollowingFridays or #FF.
    3. Make an effort to link to a small number of high quality and creatively written resources, daily. Morning are the best. Brand these with a hastage like #yourbrandtips, where "yourbrand" is the brand within your company that this Twitter account is focused on.

4. Schedule a #yourbrandtips Twitter event every month two weeks or weekly. This would run like #blogchat where a real person from your company hosts a chat on Twitter about topics relevant to your offering and useful to who you're trying to reach.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. I hope this gives your some direction to go in with you on your endeavours. I wish you all the best and if you get stuck don't hesitate to post again :).

Cheers
    Dave

davester83, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  4. sonuseoexpert

sonuseoexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter big social networking site from here you can collect best visitor to your sites.

sonuseoexpert, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  5. lauragravelle

lauragravelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter has been a great social networking tool for my business. I've been able to connect with other wedding vendors that I probably would not have otherwise. Honestly though, Facebook has been my strongest social networking tool so far.

lauragravelle, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  6. johnrich16

johnrich16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is the social network website where many users share their thoughts, blog and many more stuff. So it is the best way to get traffic to your website and more people will be aware with your brand.

johnrich16, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  7. LouC

LouC Member

Best Answers:
    LouC, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  8. anaxa77

anaxa77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually twitter is a powerful micro blogging platform. By using twitter according some tips you can get a huge amount of visitor on your blog or website. Twitter is easy to use and it is nice looking. So twitter is most important for online marketing also our private life. You can add your blog url on twitter profile, it will work as a powerful backlink and also you will get some of extra visitor for such kind of activity.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    anaxa77, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  9. Link-Building-Club

Link-Building-Club Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that Twitter is now so full of spam that many people do not interact as they used to. Every time something gets poular with content and SEO meaning the spam comes in to pervert the scene...too bad to sad.

Link-Building-Club, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  10. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Twitter is great

Irfi0009, May 14, 2012 IP