1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dose nofollow link have any value in SEO

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sabbir_nabil, Apr 22, 2012.

1. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes sometimes Nofollow links are used create natural backlinks

casand, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  2. ekhlas

ekhlas Peon

Best Answers:
    No follow means "Don't follow and give credit to this site from my site" , so there is no reason I should comments on nofollow blogs. Hope you understand.

ekhlas, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  3. MyDewdrops

MyDewdrops Peon

Best Answers:
    absolutely agree. I remember watching one of the matt cutts video. He mentioned that you should have a compbination of all sort of links. No follow does not harm.

MyDewdrops, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  4. anna1811

anna1811 Guest

Best Answers:
    A link is a link. The advantage for a dofollow backlink is that you have PR transfer and you get link juice.
    Nofollow backlinks are important, whatever people may say. And nofollow backlinks become more important if they come from a relevant website.

anna1811, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  5. Ragger

Ragger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From what google stated, the nofolow attribute has no importance, it just wont make the site that it passing it, to loose it's pagerank.

Ragger, May 28, 2012 IP
  6. sommetsolutions

sommetsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Nofollow links also have some value for SEO like nofollow links might be helpful for traffic and Page rank is based on traffic so nofollow links have the value for SEO.

sommetsolutions, May 28, 2012 IP
  7. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is quite helpful to diversify your range of anchor text among the dofollow links. If it is a natural and very related (I have many such), despite a nofollow link, the pages linked across my sites have always ranked higher than the rest of a particular site. I mean just natural, high quality and very highly related nofollow links (i know it is not as easy someone to link you even with nofollow tag - just for the resources you offer on your page/site, but it happens, in my case often).

I have tried once posting a thread here to buy exactly rel="nofollow" links - wanted and intended them to be nofollow! The result - got spammed by almost every link broker across DP, with all their huge lists of dropped domains, which were even not a close related to my niche/requirements and all were "dofollow"....
    Wont make same mistake again, but at least I have blocked them all for future.

Something more, very related nofollow links can bring you quite a good traffic!!! I have some that are even from https and am quite happy with the number of visitors they are sending me.

abraxas, May 28, 2012 IP
  8. davidhudson

davidhudson Peon

Best Answers:
    you can go only do follow links i think Google like do follow links rather than no follow.

davidhudson, May 28, 2012 IP
  9. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have to be diversified - if you do only and many dofollow links, especially if with same anchor it is very likely you will get a penalty. If they are natural and quality it would be ok, but that will take years/decades...
    That's not valid for the other search engines in such a high state however I think.

As someone (not sure if it was Matt) once said - Google can do whatever they like with their search index, as well as we can with our own sites. So make a plan and go on for your visitors anyway you like :)

abraxas, May 28, 2012 IP
  10. nisha.bansal

nisha.bansal Peon

Best Answers:
    yes No Follow link also have weight-age but if you have 1 Do Follow link and 100 No Follow link you get for some Domain Both are same, So, why do we add more efforts rather than we get same from the just quality site and our quality work??

nisha.bansal, May 28, 2012 IP
  11. blogzer

blogzer Peon

Best Answers:
    no follow is of no use. google does not identify it as backlink.
    but in some way maybe it serves as advertisement of your site.

blogzer, May 28, 2012 IP
  12. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK. looking for this too, I think its good for site, i upgraded to Premium..LOL

enous, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  13. ksb

ksb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agree with abraxas

You need to make balance of nofollow and dofollow links to look natural for search engine. As per my experience nofollow links has value if they are coming from a high authority site and also sending bunch of traffic to your site.

for example - you have got a link from wikipedia (always gives nofollow links) and you website is getting good amount of traffic from wikipedia then Google or other search engine can't ignore it.

Because In today's online market the traffic is the only key to get rank in search engine and building site authority.

So we need to maintain lnk-equilibration for a natural link building.

ksb, Apr 29, 2013 IP
    dilon likes this.
  14. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The mere fact you are all worried about if it is do follow or no follow shows you are working to game the search engines instead of doing things naturally.

I checked last week the new UK digitalcabinet.gov site to see if it was nofollow (which it is) just out of interest to see their stance and I think that may be only the third time in the last 7 years I checked to see if a site was nofollow or not.

The recent mozilla about page thing should indicate all those commenting just to get backlinks are getting cited as "SPAM" and so even sites where you think you got your "nofollow" links if they are authortive sites are likely going to have to change that as Google and other sites try to move forward against all the Spam and as all those spammers affect their own sites rankings more will become "nofollow" as a way to deal with said Spam.

It is going to get increasingly harder to get high quality backlinks on authoritive sites I reckon and rightly so...

But why be concerned?

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  15. Matrix77

Matrix77 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's case with my sites as well... ;)

Matrix77, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  16. liffy

liffy Member

Best Answers:
    dofollow is good for your website. If you do 10 links, 8 links dofollow 2 nofollow. It's OK.

liffy, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  17. sinip

sinip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, since the beginning of March Google has made a lot of changes in the algorithm, including link valuation so, if you have too many links from too few websites - you're suspicious. If you're having too many links on spammed blogs or forums - you will hurt your ranking. If you have too many dofollow vs. nofollow links - you're suspicious as well. If you suddenly gain a lot of links - you're suspicious. So, be very careful when it comes to links building. :)

sinip, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  18. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes in todays seo nofollow links are important too, because for a better seo you should look natural which means that you'll need dofollow and nofollow links as well. try to do 40$ dofollow and the rest nofollow, that way your link development strategy looks very natural to search engines eyes.

Hope that help a bit!

theprince, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  19. narutohits

narutohits Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    if you want to target a keyword in SEO to get it top in Google so you need dofollow links but nofollow links give also ranking to your site if you make nofollow links at good sites

narutohits, May 1, 2013 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do follow links have more weight in SEO than no follow links. Try to get a lot of do follow links when you can, but that does not mean that no follow links are negligible. Links are links, and the only things you need to take note of are that they are of good quality coming from related sites within your niche.

Have a good day!

affilorama, May 2, 2013 IP