1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long is should it take to transfer a site after a payment was made

Discussion in 'General Business' started by liranbo, Apr 22, 2012.

Hi,

I would like to hear from experienced users , after a payment has been made for buying a site, how long should it take for the seller to transfer the site and configure it on client hosting (from start to finish)?

I'd appreciate an honest answer.

liranbo, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  2. BuenaBe

BuenaBe Peon

Best Answers:
    not more than 24hours..to transfer a site (500mb) will not spend time more than 2 hours..

BuenaBe, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  3. IM.Douglas

IM.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Buenalle. If someone is moving a simple site to your hosting account there are a number of ways they could do it pretty quickly. Sometimes a domain url can get caught up depending on the provider and what their process of transfer is. Some domain companies seem to want to make it hard to move domains away from them and can slow things down.

One other piece can relate to the complexity of the site setup. By that I mean if the site uses a content management systems (cms) like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. and it has been customized this could possibly delay things. But really, if the person/company knows what they are doing then even with these, the transfer should go pretty smoothly and quickly.

My suggestion would be that after 24 hours ask specific questions about transfer status, schedule, expected completion, etc.

IM.Douglas, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  4. liranbo

liranbo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought, thx for the replies

liranbo, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  5. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well I would not expect the seller to perfectly configure the website on my hosting account. But the files and databeses should be made available within 24 hours so I can set up the page on my own.

Sensei.Design, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  6. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As soon as possible, it takes only a few hours to do this.. pushing the domain takes a minute and transferring the site is pretty easy too when you do it in ssh.

Richie_Ni, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not for every TLD, it depends if the Domains are hosted by the same Registrar and if not, they will need to offer Auth-Codes. I had a client that wanted to transfer a .to-Domain to me and it took nearly two month because the registrar messed up, not for any other reasons, so there are a few delays you can'T blame the seller for.

Sensei.Design, Apr 23, 2012 IP