1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Solid host ( With decent prices ) Ideas?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by poofybal, Apr 22, 2012.

Hello guys, i found a few posts here ( long time lurker, first time poster ) and ive decided i need a good hosting solution for what i call the best site on earth ( it's just not created yet ) .

Im either going to go with

EggYak.com
    Hostgator.com
    godaddy.com

I have not heard much in terms of reviews with eggyak, although i did see one here. But i have been on the forums, and in their live chat and it appears to be online 24/7 and everyone is from america so that's a plus. and the prices are just awesome.

Hostgator, well everyone knows hostgator. they are huge, and that's why i worry. I hear horror stories about them all the time. and their probably one of the highest priced hosting companies out their.

Godaddy seems to lead the market in terms of just about everything, and i plan on getting my domain with them, so it may be best to just say and keep everything with godaddy.

My main question is, does anyone here use any of those three, and if you do, could you provide some feedback please ?

poofybal, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  2. MyLibary

MyLibary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With the size comes the problems.

People claim that hostgator has great servers but bad support (we can understand why) and about Godaddy people claim is good only as domain provider.
    I dont know EggYak.com so i cant advice you.

I must be honest and tell you i never used HostGator or Godaddy this is only what i hear from people around and they may be wrong.

Wish you good luck.

MyLibary, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  3. poofybal

poofybal Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah :(

I wen't to robohosts.com too! Loved the site, but needed more storage/ BW. So that's a negative.

I wen't ahead and signed up with an eggyak 10 day trial, that at least lets me try it for 10 days, then if it goes bad, ill give hostgator a try.

Also, @MyLibrary how does your free domain work, that's a bit enticing !

4. billyw

billyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for giving us a try. I'm sure you will find our Support and Servers to be outstanding and reliable. We are here 24/7 by Phone, Chat, or Tickets, to provide you the best Support possible. Please let us know if you have any concerns with your hosting at EggYak.com.

billyw, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  5. poofybal

poofybal Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem :) , so far good setup.

6. MyLibary

MyLibary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck for both of you, live support + phone support is most important thing when you choose a hosting plan! ;)

MyLibary, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  7. BuenaBe

BuenaBe Peon

Best Answers:
    vote for hostgator..their server and support is very wonderfull..but too many hidden fee

BuenaBe, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  8. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    billyw I wanted to check out EggYak so I clicked on the link in your sig but I'm getting a "Untrusted Connection" in FireFox browser, "You have asked Firefox to connect securely to eggyak.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure." You should look into this.

edit: checked out with http instead of https in your sig link and got to check you out. Have much for a dedicated IP address? Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    micksss, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  9. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Got the same thing. Their https is showing up as not being secure. The constant proactive live chats on every single page are incredibly annoying as well.

WSWD, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  10. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Godaddy in the past but would not recommend it, for many years I used Knownhost and they had pretty good support, but last year I was provided with freehosting as part of a subscription to a marketing system. this provides me with unlimited professional hosting and a host of other features in cluding the only true 24/7 support I have ever seen.

davidogden, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  11. dlinchevskiy

dlinchevskiy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depending what you need. Godaddy is good as domain registrator.

dlinchevskiy, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  12. billyw

billyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for informing me of this, I will have the System Administrator correct the SSL issue immediately. We sell our Dedicated IP's for $1.00 each. Also, I will inform Management about the Live Chat pop up's.

billyw, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  13. poofybal

poofybal Peon

Best Answers:
    I too think the chat things are annoying. If i need chat , i'll just click on it. However, i just wen't, and it looks like they listened to our plee! no chat request in over a minute so far lol.

It's day two for me, and everything seems to be going rather well. I saw the untrusted thing as well , after i accepted it the first time, i havn't seen it since.

And it appears to be some sort of error. You should get this fixed eggyak!!

poofybal, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  14. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do not go with GoDaddy for hosting. They are good for domains, but not for hosting.

I would go with Hostgator. I'm with them over a year and haven't had any problem with them. Their support is good as well.

andrej, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  15. billyw

billyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have corrected the issue with the SSL on the website, and have removed the Live Chat box, as not to annoy people. Feel free to call us, or utilize our live chat. Poofybal, if you have any concerns, just let us know, Day or Night!

billyw, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  16. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is definitely a no for hosting. They don't use cPanel but their own panel which doesn't give you the same level of control over your site as other hosts. Many of the big box names are getting bad reviews about their services more recently. If your current choice doesn't work out you may want to consider some of the mid-size hosting providers who offer great values in their bundled packages and still care about the customer and their issues at an individual level.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  17. poofybal

poofybal Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought eggyak was mid-sized?

poofybal, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  18. hranitel

hranitel Banned

Best Answers:
    Being in your place I'd stick to b2netsolutions.com.

This company is able to satisfy the specific needs of any webmaster.
    Prices are modest and servers are stable.

hranitel, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  19. poofybal

poofybal Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't stick with someone im not using. And i don't want to pay those prices. They are more than what im paying now. I got a 512MB XEN VPS for 9.99 , not only does the one you listed provide higher prices, they use openvz which is inferior ( or so ive been told ) . It would be nice for someone to chime in, Im not the best at these things. But i was told XEN == better than Virtuozzo in terms of reliability, and the inhability to oversell products. could someone clarify. ?

poofybal, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  20. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for hostgator : They have much experienced in hosting field .
    +1 for mnchost . They have fastest xeon 16gb US based servers and 60 days money back guaranteed.
    -1 for godaddy : they are only good for domains.

Techking, Apr 27, 2012 IP