1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do I have such a low CTR (.10%)?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by budfox26, Mar 18, 2012.

Hi, I run two ads across all pages of my website (click here).

Over the last 7 days I've had 1500 ad impressions and only 1 click.

Traffic is coming from stumble upon, and 'fake' keywords that this wordpress plugin keeps adding to my posts.

Yet average time on site is about a minute and every second visitor seems to click on another page of the website.

What's wrong?

Thanks, ALEX

budfox26, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  2. Johnm1141

Johnm1141 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lots of reason why you will have low CTR. There are quality content that the page holds which will effect what will the ad be on google adsense. But mostly, I think is your niche itself. The revenue of whatever you get all depends on how many advertisers and how much are they spending to advertise. If these advertiser are not spending a lot, google will lower the ctr rate. It is all supply and demand.

Johnm1141, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  3. wskinner

wskinner Peon

Best Answers:
    Low CTR can be for a lot of reasons, but the main one I have found from your site is audience. your niche is movies and games and you want to be appealing to that demographic with the ads that are being displayed. When using google adsence it is impossible to choose what your ads look like because google is serving them. What I would suggest doing is looking into other forms of site monitization and find different affiliate networks. I would look into CPA affiliate networks for this type of site. You can find tons of game and movie offers to promote. Now keep in mind you are going to be creating your own banners for these campaigns so get your design creatives flowing and make this move.

Make sure you find good offers that relate to your demographic you can look up different sites in your niche and put their URL into quantcast and find out your general demographic pretty easily.

Good Luck and Keep Focus
    -- Will Skinner

wskinner, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  4. Sharkfist

Sharkfist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not sure on that one. Your ads seem to be placed pretty well.

Sharkfist, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  5. Pepdeal

Pepdeal Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should concentrate on good and high competitive keywords.

Pepdeal, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  6. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    quality of traffic is probably the main cause.

Nystul, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  7. budfox26

budfox26 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree. I've tried affiliate marketing. Barely any clicks. I'll keep working on traffic. Cheers

budfox26, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  8. ActionToCash

ActionToCash Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used the WordPress 'CTRTheme' by Eppie Vojt when it first came out about a year ago - I think I was getting some pretty crazy 7% to 10% click through rates if I recall correctly.

It's an incredible template that positions the AdSense ads in places that the web visitor's eyes gravitate to, and keeps mixing up the location if I recall correctly. It really is a top notch solution if you are looking to get some nice CTR's for AdSense monteitzed WordPress sites (if that is what you are using).

You can buy his theme at ctrtheme.com - it's a first class theme.

ActionToCash, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Consider your page Title & Description.

jhardy2008, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. iyke20024

iyke20024 Peon

Best Answers:
    do your site looks too simple or what...?

iyke20024, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  11. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    Make the top banner text only. background the same grey colour and a nice blue for the link. Sometimes text ads work much better than image ads, also you might want to go to your ad review and start stopping ads you think will have a low CTR.

Webgold, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  12. bloggertemplatesblog

bloggertemplatesblog Peon

Best Answers:
    If you ask me I would suggest Adsense pro ultimate ctr theme, it has a pretty decent CTR rate, some of my sites get well over 11%...and I've been able to make good money out of it...

bloggertemplatesblog, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  13. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your blog must be in good design and have a quality contents. Your visitors are impress in your way of sharing it because they visit your site but once they visit it, they see bad impressions that's why it affects your CTR by not converting of clicks into your ads.

Abbey14, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  14. manualbookmarking

manualbookmarking Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using adsense pro ultimate on your site, it places ads on such locations that increases your CTR and so results in more income. I make well over $100 / day using adsense pro ultimate alone on my sites.... its one of the best investments that i have ever made...

manualbookmarking, Aug 28, 2012 IP