1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do backlinks occur

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by vnairp11, Apr 18, 2012.

Do back links to a blog occur naturally over a period of time by itself if you keep adding content? or do you have to be active about it and do link building yourself?

vnairp11, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  2. im108

im108 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well if you are running a typical blog, such as WordPress, then every time you make a post, the blog will send out a ping to the Blog Search Engines. Some of them will create a link on their site, back to your blog. So there is some small degree of getting backlinks without any other work.

But this alone will probably not get you good rankings in the SEs.

Assuming you have done a very good job with your blog, and keep it fresh, then you must build links or buy links back to your site.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
    InternetMarketing108

im108, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  3. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, i am updating my blog with fresh articles which contains some keywords of my website. I do think blog marketing is a very efficient way, but you have to stick to it since it will become boring as time goes on.

lonking, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  4. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are gained naturally over time but if you want to see your site on the first few pages of a Google search you need to do some backlinking yourself. A blog is not of much use if no one reads it.

emvy548, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  5. erichmond

erichmond Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a balance of adding content and getting backlinks.

erichmond, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  6. erichmond

erichmond Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an ongoing strategy in my opinion however, as already mentioned if your wordpress theme is setup correctly with tags and category links being populated with all the new content - your internal link structure will happen naturally. You will still need to gain backlinks from other servers, .com's, .org's, .edu etc.

erichmond, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  7. netyards

netyards Member

Best Answers:
    Two things that you need to learn here:

1. Content
    - it adds freshness value. Please engage your visitors to drop some contents like comments, reviews, etc which will naturally engage higher ranking

2. Back links
    - Only engage in manual and high quality links - do not over do it with cheap or too many links

netyards, Apr 19, 2012 IP