1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image in website

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by yas347, Apr 18, 2012.

I want to add some image to my website. I have downloaded some image from google image search. Can I use it. Or is there any place on net where I can get image for free to my website. If question related this had asked before in DP than do provide link. Thanks in advance

yas347, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  2. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... U can use the image.... Or you can search similar inside Google.... Always do remember to not place images of mobile companies or some law firms etc to put on your website....

Hope this helps.....

hassan001, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  3. yas347

yas347 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hassan001 for reply. Is there any free source online where I can get good images for my website.

yas347, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  4. Alicia88

Alicia88 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes. you may of course I do this sometime ago)

Alicia88, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  5. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes using image is different from content ... you can freely use it .. there is no issue

nirajkum, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Three dead wrong answers from clueless people. No. You can't just freely use any old image you find using a google search. Images have copyrights and you need permission from the copyright holder to use them legally.

browntwn, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  7. mrShrimp

mrShrimp Peon

Best Answers:
    Above: Why I use CC Image Search. Also, you can just search this: "public domain (query)" and get free stuff. Hope I helped.

mrShrimp, Apr 20, 2012 IP
    hassan001 likes this.
  8. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I came to know an important element by "mrShrimp"

Just go to images.google.com and type this "public domain flowers photos"

Change the text in Red to your search term for example....

"public domain movies posters" or "public domain art pictures"

I hope this helps./....

hassan001, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  9. honeyclarck

honeyclarck Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use these images but sure that these are not copyrighted. If these are copy righted then you can't use these images.

honeyclarck, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  10. iespot

iespot Peon

Best Answers:
    i think that if that was meaning something (image copyright) then 99% of websites were down or sued.
    I think you may use those google images but don't sell them, that's all.

iespot, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have a site where i did get the images from google, however the company that created, and ownes the graphics has copywrited them. For every page of that website where i have any images that were created or even if they are modified from the original that the company created, i have to say in my footer who owns the copywrite on those images. Additionally by using their images in my website im bound by restrictions in the use and presentation of the images. You wont believe this, but by using their images, i will face legal issues just by putting in adsense or any other form of advertising -> basically even though these images are found "free" on the web, the company that owns the copywrite to them can dictate who can and who cant use them.

it is NOT a good idea to simply google and take images from the web without checking each image for copywrite permission. You might never get caught, but thats not the point.

I dont know any good legal places where you can download images for free that have no copywrite. I know of places such as 123rf.com where i can buy images, however its too expensive at $150 p/m
    If someone can suggest good free places, and or good places that have low monthly subscription rates, then please please let me know -> i dont know why but it seems whenever you try to do the right thing, it ends up costing too much :(

matt_62, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  12. exploretalent

exploretalent Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a limitation in putting images on a business site?

exploretalent, Apr 30, 2012 IP