Is Twitter still a powerful marketing tool?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bbrian017, Apr 17, 2012.

I ask a great question, I have two accounts, over 9000 followers and I'll be honest I cannot keep up. I've been using Tweedeck to try and maximize my marketing efforts but I find twitter may just be too happening to keep up and truly benefit from your time invested. I still use it all the time and daily but I wanted to know what your thoughts were? Is twitter over saturated or do you think it's still a marketing tool we must use?

Any suggestions how to manage it better?

bbrian017, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It used to be good until the celebs took over it and turned it into some facebook status rumor spreader of drama. I still use it though.

Laceygirl, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  3. Success247

Success247 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good and you can make some money with sponsored tweets or linking to affiliate products etc.... It's good if you have loyal followers and people that rewteet, as tweets can go viral pretty easy now-a-days.

Success247, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  4. tipsy12

tipsy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is good for the marketing purpopse and we can earn good by it.

tipsy12, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  5. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter can be a powerful marketing tool if you use it in right manner.. You need to have a strong follower base in order to get success on Twitter.

JoomlaDesigner, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  6. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    It was great marketing tool and if you tweet informational tweet, it's good however many marketers use this to spam their promotion.

locke815, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you have followers (real ones) in the tens of thousands then it is a good marketing tool. Other than that I don't see much of an advertising value in it.

qwikad.com, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  8. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter used to be a good marketing tool. But its hard to get real followers that would make it easy for you.

war_machine, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  9. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think, twitter is a better marketing tool still now. It is a better and older marketing tool in the Internet marketing. Personally I am using it and feeling more comfortable and relax.

Mithuasha, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  10. ozwhiz

ozwhiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter seems to bring traffic. I think it is good to tweet.

ozwhiz, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  11. Zohaibsherkhan

Zohaibsherkhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes it is.

Zohaibsherkhan, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  12. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    It still works for me, so I'd say you can do some good things with it. It's unpredictable, so I use it to send links to affiliate programs and hope something sticks. If you send enough tweets you'll get something. It's kind of like fishing.

WeCreateCash, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  13. TWeber_TheSBA

TWeber_TheSBA Peon

Best Answers:
    Over 9,000 followers for the OP? That is impressive. Do you think most of those are legit accounts?

Not totally related to the OP (please don't think I'm throwing you in the spammer category).....but Twitter is going to try to fight against spam and fake accounts. They just filed a lawsuit going after companies that create tools to automate posting and following on Twitter. The hope is that it would kill off fake profiles and unwanted messages. Doubtful, but the same spammy posts over and over do get tiring after awhile.

Despite the large amount of spam, it still a great tool to instantly reach people. You just need to make sure what you send out has some kind of relevancy to your followers or it will indeed be lost in the large amount of noise that is Twitter today.

TWeber_TheSBA, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  14. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have made thousands from twitter in the past but I don't really know some thing has really gone wrong with twitter, no matter how much I tweet, no decent traffic from there any more even though i have 14000 followers there.

DatingExpert, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  15. TWeber_TheSBA

TWeber_TheSBA Peon

Best Answers:
    14,000? And still no decent traffic? That makes the couple thousand my company has seem might small. As time goes by, my asumption is the quality of your followers and tweets is going to be more critical than quantity in regards to your marketing efforts.

TWeber_TheSBA, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  16. Scarrfo

Scarrfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I just use it to provide updates for my users. I created a site for a firearm shop and he made about 63,000 dollars from twitter alone last year. He only has about 400 followers but they are real people and he sells real products, not some story to get clicks for a few cents.

I guess it would be a great tool if the product meets the desire of the followers but not so great if you are just pushing ad views and clicks.

Scarrfo, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  17. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is great as an advertising and a social platform. I think the OP just needs a new tool. There are currently several nice social media management platforms that do a really good job. Check into something new. It sounds like you can still make Twitter work for you but your Tweetdeck just doesn't have the power you need.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  18. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's useful for marketing. But anytime you want to sell through your twitter list, I think it should be a soft sell and be contain useful information in it. Maybe the first step to whatever product you're trying to sell.

I have one I use for offline marketing that I use to send discount codes to loyal clients. I've actually got new clients from this as well.

JW1981, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  19. seant7871

seant7871 Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is still a good marketing tool, but it seems like everybody is trying to market on Twitter. You can still make money using Twitter, but make sure you have a good balance between Tweets and ads.

seant7871, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  20. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is still going strong but i never liked twitter for promoting by business.
    It was never a marketing tool for me.
    But there people out there making a killin out there using twitter.

famous2313, Apr 19, 2012 IP