1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Membership Payment Site Help

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by MayReich, Mar 5, 2012.

Hi!

I have thoughts about starting up an internet business. I would like to create a membership site around my interest. The problem is that i'm not so good at the technical parts and wondering how much time it requires to learn the programming languages to setup a website where I can accept monthly payments for members. The content is not a problem, but I don't really know where to start. I would like to create something similar to brainvale.com, sixpackshortcuts.com or universityofmakeup.com. But I would not want one time payment, a monthly subscription.

Could anyone give some advice how I can start? or does it cost much to hire a professional programmer to setup a site similar to these membership sites above?

Regards, May Reich

MayReich, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  2. renovato

renovato Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of membership site plugins and options available for Wordpress. Wordpress is very easy to get up and running and also maintain. Joomla is also pretty good.

renovato, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  3. MayReich

MayReich Peon

Best Answers:
    Okey. Thanks for the answer. I will take a closer look at this Joomla and Wordpress systems. Thanks! :)

MayReich, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  4. definitive

definitive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest wordpress as well. If you find it doesn't' suit your needs you might consider modifying a dating site script.

definitive, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. RaviJayagopal

RaviJayagopal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi MayReich,

Check out DigitalAccessPass.com (DAP). It does everything you could possibly want/need from a membership site plugin.

Here's our recommended dream team:

1) WordPress
    2) DigitalAccessPass.com (DAP)
    3) Payment processor like Paypal and/or Authorize.net
    4) Any good WordPress theme - like OptimizePress or Thesis - or any of the thousands of free themes

We also have a Setup & Configuration service (we call it a "Concierge" service) to help you with the setup - and that will only cost you a fraction of hiring a programmer to do all of those things. Can't link to it because of post restrictions here at DP, but you can find out more at DigitalAccessPass.com.

Thanks.

- Ravi Jayagopal

RaviJayagopal, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. codebreaker

codebreaker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for DAP...it's pretty good and it will help you.

codebreaker, Apr 17, 2012 IP
    RaviJayagopal likes this.
  7. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Wordpress and the Digital Access Pass plugin http://www.digitalaccesspass.com

That plugin has literally everything on board you'll need for your purpose.

ilook, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  8. nightshade877

nightshade877 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. There is no better response than that. However you could put paypal subscriptions for membership sites. That is an easy alternative to his answer.

nightshade877, Apr 25, 2012 IP
    RaviJayagopal likes this.