1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question about copying articles from other websites

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by moccc, Apr 15, 2012.

hi everyone , i have a question about copying articles from other websites .
    if i copy an article or tutorial from another website to my website , and then after the article , at down of the content , place this :
    Article Copied From : example.com

is there any problems ?

moccc, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  2. Cheesekewrls

Cheesekewrls Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really. Some blogs doesn't mind if it's copied but, I suggest to ask them first if it's okay with them. But, just to be sure, create authentic content for them. It's still the best way. :)

Cheesekewrls, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  3. moccc

moccc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it's hard to ask them if i want to post more than 4-5 articles in a day , anyway , is this a copyright violation ?

moccc, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  4. social inceptions

social inceptions Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah it is copy right violation as sum will permit you and sum will not so you should try to write by your self

social inceptions, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are concerned about this then simply post a thread in "Legal Issues" forum, and sooner or later a lawyer will respond by posting or PM you. Here you will only get "opinions" not legal training or experience.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  6. Touch Create

Touch Create Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask the person first as it may break the copy right violation. You can also reference the author of the article somewhere I think,

Touch Create, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  7. moccc

moccc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how about news ? for example copying tech news from other blogs or websites .

moccc, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  8. Green-hornet

Green-hornet Peon

Best Answers:
    If you just take a 3-4 sentences from the other blogs news it could be counted as a quotation but I highly advice to provide own unique quality content. You will gain a lot more traffic in combination with good off and on page seo.

Green-hornet, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  9. neromancer

neromancer Active Member

Best Answers:
    This area seems to be about creating original sales copy NOT copyright issues . . . I think you are in the wrong area for this question unless i am mistaken.

neromancer, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said you should have posted in the legal section.

The answer to your question does not require a lawyer. It's copyright law 101. Without permission, you CAN NOT copy someone else's article and post it on your own site. Identifying where the article came from DOES NOT somehow magically make it OK.

If you are unwilling or unable to write your own content, you should Google "article directories". Those are sites where participating authors grant people permission to use their articles as long as certain conditions are met - generally maintaining an author box or other links.

YMC, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  11. JstewartPiBR

JstewartPiBR Peon

Best Answers:
    Copying articles or blogs from other websites will not fetch positive response from online traffic. I would always suggest you to use unique, genuine and grammatically correct content to grab attention of web traffic. Do not copy. It will hamper your online reputation.:D

JstewartPiBR, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  12. navidndc1078117

navidndc1078117 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For news articles so far I know, you can use the quotes that are used inside the article. But, you will also have to mention the source in parenthesis.
    Having said so, I would suggest you to seek for permission from the site owner before using the content or else you might find yourself in jeopardy.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
    navidndc1078117, May 1, 2012 IP
  13. nick360

nick360 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends and has to be looked at case to case. You are better off quoting a few lines and linking to the article.

nick360, May 1, 2012 IP
  14. Latonya P

Latonya P Guest

Best Answers:
    That is copyright infringement.

Better stay on the right side of the law if you don't want trouble.

Latonya P, May 1, 2012 IP
  15. iiebmeducation

iiebmeducation Peon

Best Answers:
    we cannot use others content thanks for sharing this information..

iiebmeducation, May 3, 2012 IP
  16. LesFletcher

LesFletcher Peon

Best Answers:
    Best advice is not to copy content. You can provide references or quotes to articles within your content and then link to that content. In fact it does a lot of good for your ranking if your do but don't use other peoples work because eventually you get found out. This is why Google keep hitting us with these algorithm updates because so much stuff is scraped, spun and copied on such an industrial scale. Let's face it, how long does it take to write 300-400 word optimised content? Not long and people will want to link to your site, your ranking will improve and you won't get a cease and desist in your email.

LesFletcher, May 6, 2012 IP
  17. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know you can only grab content from article directories and always link to the author (i.e. keep the bio intact in article). When publishers submit articles they automatically give permission for others to use them on their websites/blogs.

But if you go to a website you can't just use the article on your website, some folks don't want that even if you link back to them, others won't mind. You can though link to the article itself (not copy it on your website) or ask them permission.

If you copy an article even if you link to source you're infringing the Copyright All Rights Reserved located at bottom of most websites.

jacksarlo, May 6, 2012 IP