1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is causing a lot of link builders to waste their time, energy and money.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by redwing, Apr 15, 2012.

For 8 years, I have been doing SEO and watching forums like Digital Point and I never cease to be amazed at the futility of most link builders' efforts, in light of what Google has been doing to them. Link builders beat their brains out to get many links, only to go almost nowhere in the SERPs because Google keeps changing the rules........and won't ever disclose, openly, what the rules are.

Google may or may not be evil, but one thing is sure........they want you to be running their all-too-expensive Adword campaigns. So, they continually make it more difficult to achieve decent organic search results. They have progressively devalued links from blog posts, blog comments, directories, social profiles, forum profiles, reciprocal exchanges, etc. With Google's 80% plus reach in search, they are now a monopoly. If you don’t like Google, tough, there's no other place to go. We are stuck with one major player that is steering everyone toward paid advertising and services each time they update their algorithms.

So, stop wasting your time, energy and money on chasing links from all the easy cheap places......that's futile. The 3 things you should be doing are:
    • Buying links (From good sources)
    • Joining a private link network
    • Cloaking or IP delivery (most small time operations can't afford this)

Save your pennies until you have enough to get good links. Otherwise, you are wasting your time.

redwing, Apr 15, 2012 IP
    ron.ray and imranamen6 like this.
  2. ron.ray

ron.ray Peon

Best Answers:
    well said my friends! my thoughts exactly... Rep given for this

ron.ray, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  3. ProCASHtinator

ProCASHtinator Peon

Best Answers:
    There are still many ways to build links to defeat Google Panda. You are right though, the really cheap offers do not work, because they usually lack in both quality and quantity.

ProCASHtinator, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  4. bestwater

bestwater Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree for the most part. Blog comments, free directories and forum posts don't work like in the past. Google has figured out that these backlinks are easy to get so they don't put much weight on them.

bestwater, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  5. im108

im108 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Would you be so kind to explain what specifically you are referring-to for:

• Cloaking or IP delivery (most small time operations can't afford this)
    There are many and varied applications referred-to as cloaking. Which one are you mentioning here?

Many thanks,
    InternetMarketing108

im108, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  6. redwing

redwing Active Member

Best Answers:
    The cloaking I am referring to is IP cloaking (not link cloaking). In IP cloaking (or IP delivery as some call it), you show the Google bot one thing (very highly optimized) and show the customer something entirely different. Google hates IP cloaking because, if done right, it's very difficult for them to catch. However, when a cloaker gets caught they simply discard the URL that was caught and begin again with another URL.
    1. Do it yourself software from http://fantomaster.com/ is about $1200 USD and you need to know what you're doing.
    2. Hire it done from http://fantomaster-seo.com/......many many many $$$, I haven't had a quote recently but it's expensive.
    It gives me great joy to know that there are people who can thumb their noses at Google, and at the same time I'm jealous that I don't have the money to do it.

redwing, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  7. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google don't want you to build links..
    They only want the site to get what naturally come to it..

There should not be any link building activity.. You should get what naturally comes..
    i.e. if some one like your site they give you a like that is it (no other links should be added)

Spammers are making Google chase their tail and they are making every one of us chase our own tail.

As far as Adwords go... You are correct - They do want you to buy adWords.. that is for sure.

Your kind of service "One Way Link Building" is one they don't like

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    stock_post, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  8. redwing

redwing Active Member

Best Answers:
    @stock_post
    If you actually believe what you said, remind me to never hire you to do SEO work.
    I'm poking fun at you but at the same time I'm serious. If you wait to get natural back links, you'll see your mortician before you see your website be successful.
    I like making money and I like making it now!

I'm quite aware that Google doesn't like my "One Way Link Building Service", but they don't know how to stop it.....our type of linking has been successful for over 8 years.
    Google has been successful at shutting down some private blog networks because the network owners were not vigilant enough to know who was buying into their program. In one case, Google had some of their employees buy into a blog network (At $700), harvested all the URLs of the participants, and severely penalized their websites.

Google won't buy into our "One Way Links Building" service because we thoroughly investigate every applicant. Additionally, Google has other "bigger fish to fry".....some of the private blog networks produce hundreds of thousands of spam links. We will continue to be successful.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    redwing, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  9. neromancer

neromancer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. What is amazing to me is that if you just focus on what Google does want, good quality posts, and deliver natural links you can rate much easier after Panda. Use social links and backlink to places like the WF (Warrior Forum in your blog) or even here in your blogs, as long as the content is relevant and informative there shouldn't be an issue. Next do Press Releases a few times a week and for average competition you can rate quickly as long as you have all the on page SEO factors good. It is actually nottoo difficult and sometimes easy. BTR (Bring The Fresh) comes to mind and this format with high content 1 page blogs to start with.

neromancer, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. vnairp11

vnairp11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, just keep writing good content and posting to social bookmarks, no forced link building is necessary, i don't think a link from digital point is do follow any way.

vnairp11, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  11. redwing

redwing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sigh.....sitting on the front porch and watching the grass grow is as productive as posting to social bookmarking.

redwing, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  12. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As far as i have seen, When ever I try to build links for my site it gets lower serps when i leave the site without monitoring the site slowly comes up. I think google do not want you to build links but put some quality content on site which is relavant to the search visitors are looking for.

So My opinion start building your site for visitors not for google! Google comes its way to you when you run behind something you will never get leave it for itself to come to you.

imranamen6, Apr 16, 2012 IP