1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goo Mania: Just got approved for free permenent link in PR6 dir! On a PR0 page :(

Discussion in 'Google' started by gemini181, Nov 15, 2006.

Just got approved for free permenent link in PR6 dir!! On a PR0 page :(

What a waste of time.
    Will this link be viewed by Google as PR6 (the main domain), or PR0 the actual page.
    I decided to try to "play the page rank game", and I'm quickly getting the idea it's a waste of time!

Any thoughts on the value, or even harm, of the link to a PR3 mainpage?
    Thanks

gemini181, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  2. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the PR that is passed to your site is a fraction of the PR value of the page your link appears on. So in your case you will get a percentage of 0 PR.

I know tat sounds bad, but its a good investment. PR has a way of trickling down throughout a well-designed website, and the fatc that the owner is creating more content pages is a good growth sign.

Wait a couple cycles and you should get some value. After all, a backlink is a backlink!

tschrock, Nov 15, 2006 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  3. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, for the answer.
    Those lists of PR6-7 directories real don't seem very useful anymore. Oh well, I plan to avoid counting on Google and their Page Rank game. :)

gemini181, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Especially a free one!

GRIM, Nov 15, 2006 IP