1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Instagram? Was it worth for Facebook to buy Instagram for $1 Billion?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by kumarkunal, Apr 10, 2012.

What do you think why Facebook bought Instagram, a 2 year old company which no one was ready to pay more than $500 million.

kumarkunal, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  2. Provenzano

Provenzano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook bought Instagram, because Instagram had been a serious rival against Facebook for photo sharing services. Several days ago, Instagram publish its Android application, which was downloaded more than 1 million times in its first day and that is why Facebook is panicking, even they pay two times much to bu this 2 year-old company. In my opinion, Facebook's end will be like Myspace, or Geocities, or other internet sites that crashed down, there is no other way. Facebook is a victim of its own success.

Provenzano, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  3. rylai

rylai Peon

Best Answers:
    Best move by mark zuckerberg! Since instagram is a big photo sharing senstaion time to buy it! That's what the company do these day's. BUY the competition (if you can) or sue them for something stupid :D

rylai, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  4. callmemaybe

callmemaybe Peon

Best Answers:
    Instragram is pretty cool app, it's becoming more and more popular, I guess FB knows what they are doing ;)

callmemaybe, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  5. veryhappy

veryhappy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Facebook is doing to Instagram, what ebay did to craigslist, marginalized it into the ground!

veryhappy, Oct 20, 2012 IP
  6. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em for a price they can't refuse.

subdivisions, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  7. mark.watson004

mark.watson004 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instagram is a free photo-sharing program and social network that was launched in October 2010. The service enables users to take a photo, apply a digital filter to it, and then share it with other Instagram users they are connected to on the social network as well as on a variety of social networking services.
    Yes, it is worth for Facebook to buy Instagram and it is largest acquisition deal to date, Facebook made an offer to purchase Instagram (with its 13 employees) for approximately $1 billion in cash and stock in April 2012, with plans to keep it independently managed.

mark.watson004, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  8. SD12

SD12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Never have been impressed with Instagram. My basic photo taking app on my phone can do the same things. But with it's popularity, probably a good idea by Facebook to marginalize it if nothing else.

SD12, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  9. Rounderx

Rounderx Peon

Best Answers:
    even msn is going down, however i do expect facebook to be around for a while now, there's a big diffrence between geocities, myspace and facebook, first and main one is global internet users, overall the existance of every day much more users, can offer many platforms to survive along, this means even if facebook drop as number one that doesn't mean it will have a pitfall as great as geocities, that ceased to exist, even myspace still widely used for electronic artists promotion.

Rounderx, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  10. mark.watson004

mark.watson004 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook would rather buy instagram which comes with a built-in community of photographers and photo lovers, while simultaneously squashing a threat to its dominance in photo sharing.
    Instagram was going to get to 50 million registered users in a heartbeat after racking up more than 1 million in the first 24 hours. And with that kind of momentum, Facebook felt like it had to move — fast. After all, photo sharing and tagging are arguably what *made* Facebook.

mark.watson004, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  11. Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think they bought them for the whole photo filter effect thing i think they will try to merge both sites into one eventually

Bobby Jones, Nov 24, 2012 IP