1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What else should I do?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by xTutorials, Apr 7, 2012.

I started a new website about 2 weeks ago. The niche is Playbook apps and games reviews. I already made a few reviews and some basic marketing. So far, I made this to promote my site:
    - Reddit submission for new reviews: this generally gave me the best traffic ( about 40 uniquest on the days I submit a link and about 15-20 on days when I don't submit a new link)
    - Delicious submission: about 4 unique visits on days when I submit a link and 0-1 when I don't submit new links
    - Stumbleupon submission: about 6 unique visits when I submit a link and 0 when i don't
    - Digg submission: 0 visits all the time
    - posting on a few forums: blackberryos.com, blackberryforums.com, everythingberry.com forum and couple more
    - Made a Facebook page, but so far I only have 2 Likes (one is me and one is a friend)
    - Offered free reviews to devs, but so far none contacted me
    - Installed All-in-one-SEO Plugin on the site (had some nice results in the past thanks to this plugin)
    - submitted site to Google (and other search engines)

So far, I have about I have 60-70 unique visits when I post a new link on Reddit and about 25-30 when I don't. I wrote a new article almost every day but haven't submitted every one to reddit sicne I don't want to spam the /r/Playbook reddit page so I generally put a link every 2-3 days.

What else do you recommend I do to have more traffic to my site? Or am I too greedy to want more traffic in less than a month of release?

P.S. Site is http://bestpbapps.com

xTutorials, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  2. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    Check google keywords, so you'll know how to write your webtext, what words are searched for.

rikv, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  3. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    Not bad at all for only being live for two weeks. I'd throw in some article marketing to at least 6 or 7 directories on a daily basis (I know article marketing can be a pain), update facebook page daily, and keep posting on related forums. Keep with your bookmarking schedule and continue to contact devs and it will keep growing. Of course there is always ppc, but if you do that with slim budget then look for low cost ppc networks. You can get lucky with those sometimes and get some decent traffic.

WeCreateCash, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  4. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    What is the "real" purpose of your site? To sell apps?

rikv, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  5. xTutorials

xTutorials Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never really had any luck with article marketing/article directories. I did however contacted another blog dedicated to BlackBerry phones and gadgets for a guest-post, but sadly no replay until now. I may try at others. I am going in my third week now and the stats seem the same: 60-70 when I post on reddit, 20-25 when I don't and slightly less in the weekends. Hopefully it will grow.

The purpose is not to sell apps. That is done only via the official AppWorld store. The purpose is to put some apps in the spotlight and let users know what is actually worth downloading. When the site will grow more I do plan to offer payed reviews as well, but that's about it.

xTutorials, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  6. millbey

millbey Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me you should target the Facebook and Twitter more than you are doing. Because judging from your audience/niche perspective, I am pretty sure your targeted visitors will come from social networking sites. And to do that you have to increase social presence (by increasing Facebook like, twitter followers etc).

millbey, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  7. xTutorials

Best Answers:
    I will try to increase social networking activity. I am not a big FB user and don't even have a twitter account. But I do know the potential in it. I will look into that as well. Thanks.

xTutorials, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  8. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    You appear low in google serp's. I guess you will have to expand your site with more content, good SEO-pagetitles, in order to get more visitors.
    I would also change the wordpress theme, looks a bit like an old lay-out. Or make it more community based with buddypress

rikv, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  9. xTutorials

Best Answers:
    The site is still rather new...that is maybe why it appears low in google. As for the theme, I kinda like it and think it suits well for the site. Also, I don't think I want it more community based. I don't want to start a forum or social network. I can see how that could help, but it is not the direction I want the site to go.

xTutorials, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  10. GenziPow

GenziPow Member

Best Answers:
    good advice
    dont forget the traffic estimation

GenziPow, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  11. BenjaminB

BenjaminB Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people look at article marketing as a means to get traffic only from the actual article, but that is being short sighted. You need to submit articles to article directories and those articles need to contain the proper anchor text links for the keywords that you want to rank for. In that way eventually the articles will get you the traffic you want which is the search engine traffic. That being said, if you are not targeting easier to rank for keywords and don't have the proper on page SEO on your website that could be a longer journey than it should be.

BenjaminB, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  12. titleseo

titleseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can share your website link on facebook or twitter. Share with your friends. There are lots of online community and forums where you can promote your website easily. Ask online people to rate your website.

titleseo, Apr 13, 2012 IP