1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

a newbie is in desperate need of guidance

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by samilakosala, Apr 6, 2012.

Which are the (best) decisions that i should take of the followings

1. Should stick with blogspot blog that have a good page rank and use a custom domain and forget about transferring my efforts to a self hosted wordpress blog

2. Should focus on few micro niche websites and keep developing them and selling them ( MFA websites. Self hosted wordspresses)

3. Only should keep developing a website that closely relates to my hobbies till it becomes an authority website of some sort and then monetize it

3. Because now the CTR is law i should embed adsense into posts ( within text and after title etc. So thats it! Why should i ever leave blogspot?)

4. I am a poor writer. Bloging is some times out of my league. A forum thing will be much better and easier. So whats still averting me of leaving this cursed platform which demands a high skilled pattern of writting and a more futuristic insigt into the subject?( and also a 100% accuracy )

5. Is mobile phone niche worthwhile running after in terms of PPC and CTR etc ?

6. What are the niches that gets the highest click through rates ?

pls take as much time as it required when answering my tiny questions. Answers will turn my life forever. I wont be able to turn back. If i am ever going to take a decision it will be and should be my ultimate and final decision that should be more accurate, wise and i will be able to stick with forever

thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    samilakosala, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  2. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    i thought this forum is for discussions.

samilakosala, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  3. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to really say what would be best for you. Only you know what your skills are. I will say that developing niche sites and getting them to earn some revenue is a good strategy. Once the sites earn revenue you can usually sell them on Flippa for 8-10 times the monthly revenue. In the process of putting those sites together, build an email subscriber list in the process.

The authority site idea is also a good one, but that will take some time build.

WeCreateCash, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  4. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for stopping by

5. watto123

watto123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to do some more research and try things out. When you find something, stick with it, it can take a while to get it right and start earning money.

I agree with the previous poster it does depend on your skills. You have to find something that interests you, something you will want to do 6 months from now.

In terms of whether you should have you own domain and blog I would always say yes you should - no one can take it away from you and you can do what you like with it.

If you are not good at writing you can outsource it at places like odesk or fiverr. Not expensive and leaves you free to concentrate on developing new niches. There are always to go.

Good Luck in whatever you choose.

watto123, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stick with wordpress not .com but .org. get your own domain and hosting
    you can build microsites but maintaining 5-10 would be hard to keep up. I would build an authority site.
    If you are poor at writing then you can outsource it.
    the most popular niches are in the health wealth and relationships niches.

kb24, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  7. Altaire

Altaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say that if you can afford it you should get your own domain and own hosting, hosting a site off a subdomain is alright but it def does not appear professional when it comes time for a user visiting your site to make a purchase etc.

Focus on what interests you, We can't make that decision for you. If you prefer microsites then make microsites, if you want a large authority site then develop that. Bottom line either way there is potential to make money.

Altaire, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  8. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    few more ideas (yes i know i am greedy)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  9. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    what about mobile phone niche? I have a very dead set penchant for mobile phone culture.

10. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    You have asked a lot of questions the first thing to do do not change anything that is working, now you have not said how long you have been in business but give what you are doing at least six months. If you feel that a wordpress blog or forum might help you more add them to your portfolio and test them.

Your business needs to be about something that interests you or you are knowledgable about because its easier to write about something you are interested in. Fresh content is what takes your sites up the search engine rankings.

Now you say you are a poor writer but you can talk so just write about what you talk about

davidogden, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  11. MichaelSelim

MichaelSelim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    2. Should focus on few micro niche websites and keep developing them and selling them ( MFA websites. Self hosted wordspresses)
    3. Only should keep developing a website that closely relates to my hobbies till it becomes an authority website of some sort and then monetize it

If I were you, I would focus and work on the above at the same time. not that hard if you can make a good plan and management. one is short term and the other is for long term.

MichaelSelim, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  12. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    You have too much things going in your mind right now. Why not stop for bit and breathe? You might have the answers for yourself already but just needs a little silence for it to come out.

As what people always say a self-hosted blog is better than blogspot. You have all the control with it and have the option to host even forums if you want to. If you are a poor blogger then outsource! Transform your ideas into instructions and let your people execute the plan.

Rain

Endless Rain, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  13. sprogy

sprogy Member

Best Answers:
    why org over com?

sprogy, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  14. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    thats the kind of replies i want. Sharp, clever and straight into the point. An enlightenment( on other posters are not dr dolittles. I enjoyed there replies too

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    samilakosala, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  15. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    the poster means .org, the team behind releasing wordpress as an open source software. .Com is whare you host your blog on a sub domain for free, just like blogspot

16. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Answering what i can ...

1. Should stick with blogspot blog that have a good page rank and use a custom domain and forget about transferring my efforts to a self hosted wordpress blog

Get a good domain (keyword research), preferably .com , do a 301 redirect to it. Why? eventually you domain & site will worth more money. If you ever want to sell them.

It all depends on what you are good at. If you can develop micro niche sites at a profitable rate, then why not? But eventually, a content rich site will prove to be a good Adsense earner, and one that's worth investing in. YMMV.

Once again, it all depends on yourself. You can easily hire writers for content creation, but a site derived from passion & knowledge is often a great one. And it makes your work less mundane, more interesting, and keeps you highly motivated.

3. Because now the CTR is law i should embed adsense into posts ( within text and after title etc. So thats it! Why should i ever leave blogspot?)
    Well, your new site will gain back the popularity from your Blogspot easily, if you intend of doing a redirect

4. I am a poor writer. Bloging is some times out of my league. A forum thing will be much better and easier. So whats still averting me of leaving this cursed platform which demands a high skilled pattern of writting and a more futuristic insigt into the subject?( and also a 100% accuracy )
    You don't need to be a good writer to be a good webmaster. Start from the basic, work your way up, and maybe eventually hiring some quality writers (but they are rare!)

6. What are the niches that gets the highest click through rates ?
    Any niche that a reader is desperate to find out more information. Basically, the most desperate they are, the faster they click on anything. That's why medical niche is a high CTR. But it depends on your site structure, content, and placement.

Nystul, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  17. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy.

18. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    check google adwords to get an insight in your market.

rikv, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  19. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress.com is generally for personal blogs, if you use the blog for business you risk losing it. The same can be said for blogger.com sometimes you will loose a blog for aledged infringement of TOC. You are are better to pay the price and host a blog on your own domain.

davidogden, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  20. clairetalk

clairetalk Peon

Best Answers:
    My best ones started out with an auto release of an article every other day and then once the articles were out and the readers found them I put up the ads. Some people claim they get hundreds of readers and sales right away. I'd love to see how they do it because I've never seen it happen without some major ads.

clairetalk, Apr 10, 2012 IP