1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hardware + Software : Mac or PC for multimedia

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by marktmcewan, Oct 19, 2011.

?

Mac or PC for web development [not deisgn]

Poll closed Oct 29, 2011.
  1. Mac

50.0%
  2. PC

50.0%
  1. marktmcewan

marktmcewan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad I posted on this site !!! Full of idiots and more idiots.

Thanks to the people who had an input to what the question actually was asking. thanks you.

If I ever need advice on how to Hang pictures I will post that somewhere else !!! Lol

I'm going to find a better forum. Bye

marktmcewan, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  2. marktmcewan

marktmcewan Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a girlfriend or a hobby !!

3. marktmcewan

marktmcewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, link is very helpful.

4. marktmcewan

marktmcewan Peon

Best Answers:
    He is ignored. Who rattled his cage ? Total idiot !!!

My mum always said if you have nothing nice to say !! .......... You know the rest

5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    We're only trying to help. Go build yourself a decent "PC". Run Windows 7 and VirtualBox + OSX + Linux on it.
    Good luck with your projects. I hope you enjoyed your stay at DP. etc...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    Kerosene, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it legal to run OS X on it ? I would be interested in testing stuff for on a iPhone/iPad simulator .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  7. aao007

aao007 Peon

Best Answers:
    The advantage of Mac against PC would be:

1) Cliche, yes, but No Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Malware, etc. You don't have to worry about it slowing down.

2) Again Cliche, but ease of use. I find it very simple to use, and most things are done through drag and drop. Very intuitive.

3) Price. Yes, I realize many people are going to say "Mac's are expensive" and they are "not worth the money," but I can attest to the fact that they are. Though they are expensive, they are built with highest quality materials. To see for you self, go compare the price of one of the Mac products to an equal Dell or HP computer. You will see that they are very close in price.

4) Support is also very good. If you have a problem, MOST of the time you will be able to call Apple, or visit a Genius bar and receive help quickly. However that doesn't happen ALL the time.

Further, it defends on your decision wither MAC or PC the advantage are all in your head though. It's all preference and depends what you really want from your computer.

For more details just visit this link "www.techyv.com" for further information and assistance on your needs particularly on I.T. Matters.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    aao007, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  8. aao007

aao007 Peon

Best Answers:
    The advantage of Mac against PC would be:

1) Cliche, yes, but No Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Malware, etc. You don't have to worry about it slowing down.

2) Again Cliche, but ease of use. I find it very simple to use, and most things are done through drag and drop. Very intuitive.

3) Price. Yes, I realize many people are going to say "Mac's are expensive" and they are "not worth the money," but I can attest to the fact that they are. Though they are expensive, they are built with highest quality materials. To see for you self, go compare the price of one of the Mac products to an equal Dell or HP computer. You will see that they are very close in price.

4) Support is also very good. If you have a problem, MOST of the time you will be able to call Apple, or visit a Genius bar and receive help quickly. However that doesn't happen ALL the time.

Further, it defends on your decision wither MAC or PC the advantage are all in your head though. It's all preference and depends what you really want from your computer.

For more details just visit this link "www.techyv.com" for further information and assistance on your needs particularly on I.T. Matters.

aao007, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  9. vaporizer

vaporizer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually to get a PC running perfectly you only need 2 cheap tools and 5 - 10 minutes per week

vaporizer, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  10. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    Only a matter of time before terms like 'pc' and 'mac' becomes antiquities.

rikv, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every one here is just trying to help you with what they have. If you don't like it thats something else and have your solution from somewhere else. Good luck.

war_machine, Apr 22, 2012 IP