1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The most SURE way of making money online.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by visualju, Mar 28, 2012.

1. internetlot

internetlot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Building List is not hard but Building a OPT-IN List is hard enough.

Regards,
    Avnish Garg

internetlot, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that's the advice?

Spam and harass unknown people through email. Great.

Laceygirl, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  3. aodat2

aodat2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is good however SPAM is bad. There's a really thin and fine line between those 2 things. I don't really know how you guys are going to really define both but sometimes both of them will overlap each other.

All in all, I do not think that there's such a thing called as "Sure Way" to anything at all. Nothing is for certain.

aodat2, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't email marketing just getting a list and spamming a bunch of emails?

5. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Learn what email marketing is before you can go against it.

cameronpalte, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  6. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is the advice. Your not spamming and harassing unknown people through email because for those people to get on your list they have to sign up optionally and you have to provide whats happening. For example, if you have a pop-up on your site saying, "Learn great information, sign up for our weekly newsletter, enter your email here.". Many things like aweber will also require them to double confirm, by going to there email and confirming a confirmation email. That's what email marketing is, so its actually good for you.

cameronpalte, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  7. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    One thing email marketing is not is spam. When done right using companies like Aweber, people always have a way to unsubscribe from the mailings if they wish. But you'll be surprised that if you send them information they want to read, they'll actually open the emails. For my lists I wish I could turn more people into buyers, but it's a work in progress. Social media however is growing fast and can't be ignored. The two are just different in how you communicate with people. You can also be accused of spamming on FB and Twitter and have your accounts banned. No one likes spam:).

WeCreateCash, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  8. TWeber_TheSBA

TWeber_TheSBA Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, what year is this thread from? 2002? To the email marketers on here, more power to you if you are making money from this antiquated and obtrusive practice.

I still find it hard to believe that in this day and age every person you are emailing has actively opt-in to your lists. So do you buy bulk lists to build your subscriber base? Do you really gain every subscriber on your own?

Your efforts don't seem completely legit when one of the posters earlier in the thread actually wrote there is always a cycle of people new to email. It seemed to me like they inferred that you can basically email bomb them until they wise up and realize how to filter you or opt out.

TWeber_TheSBA, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  9. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not everyone opts in to the list (at least how do it). Usually I'll give away a free report or video which relates to the niche or interest and people will enter their name and email in order to receive it. They also understand that they'll be subscribed to my newsletter which gives more info about the subject. It's totally white hat and does take a while to build up when you're just starting out. Again the recipient is always able to unsubscribe when they want.

WeCreateCash, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  10. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, definition of Email marketing:
    Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using electronic mail. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either cold lists or current customer database.
    Did you see what I made bold? COLD LIST. That means spamming random people to solicit sales or send advertisements. Of course the honest way is to just use your current mailing list from your customers but what do you think the op is talking about in this topic considering that a bunch of people have already said "Its hard to get an email list". By saying that its obviously that people generally think of email marketing as grabbing a bunch of unknown emails then spamming them.
    My research is done and I'm still against it.
    that's the honest way.
    So......I wonder if the op is talking about building his own list or just buying one?

11. TWeber_TheSBA

TWeber_TheSBA Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the clairfiaction on how you gain subscribers. Your method is obviously legit, and I apologize if I grouped you into some of the more devious email marketers that are still lurking out there. The title of the thread, especially when it's "the most SURE way" to make money online, just made my spidey senses tingle and think of the more black hat-type of approach that was so prevalent when email finally gained mass acceptance.

TWeber_TheSBA, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  12. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It still is a little bit of a form of online telemarketing which is super annoying.

13. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I totally agree with the above statement.

501, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  14. MichaelSelim

MichaelSelim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I totally agree. but...all concepts work. email marketing, paid ads, seo .. etc
    The trick is to find a good mentor/course that would teach you "how" it works in real life. not in theory!

Most of the courses out there - in my opinion - are teaching garbage. they only make money for their sellers, not their users.
    99.99% of courses - unfortunately - are worthless. in my opinion. So when you find that 0.01% that really provides true value, that's the one that you should follow until success.

The problem is, beginners wouldn't know if it works or not until they try it. and waste a lot of time and money.

MichaelSelim, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  15. vallen Mcgill

vallen Mcgill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I love this business of email marketing and making good from 4 years

vallen Mcgill, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  16. WilliamFPS

WilliamFPS Peon

Best Answers:
    Some great advice here. Thanks

WilliamFPS, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  17. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    that sounds like the spam in my blog...

thsadmin, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  18. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    Email can still be effective dispite the rise of instant messaging and 3G Phones, but to say its the only sure way of making money is leading people astray.

I would say the only sure way of making money is RESEARCH. Most people are too eager to earn money and rush to jump on the latest pre-launch or money making scheme. You may have to spend months researching various markets, before even setting up a webpage or blog.

Marketing on the Internet is a science and you need to be prepared to spend time and money learning the art of Advertising. When I started some 12 years ago I spent some $3,000 on personal mentoring over a period of nine months, at the end of which I had a good understanding of what was required plus large binders of information, which I still refer to to this day. It took a further three months before I got a return from my investment.

I still continue to research my markets today and now pass on my knowledge to others.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    davidogden, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  19. visualju

visualju Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. That's the advice. O-o

I wouldn't have made this thread if I was half a bees knob at being successful in what I was doing, and I certainly don't class my way of business as spam or harassment.

As the saying goes, It's Not What You're Doing, It's How You Do It.

visualju, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  20. visualju

visualju Member

Best Answers:
    Well said Dave, and I totally agree with you.

I guess why I'm saying it is the most SURE way is because I'm comparing alot of other methods in which the learning curve is steeper and even if implemented, there are untold refinements and many strategies to get right. With Email Marketing, it's pretty simple, target a market and promote/sell to them what they want through effective marketing.

Yes, the sure way of making money is through research, but what is the most sure way of utilising that research to a target market? Email Marketing.

visualju, Apr 7, 2012 IP