1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

On Google First Page But Less Traffic!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nkellerm85, Apr 3, 2012.

Hey guys,

I need people's thoughts about my site's situation. Just a couple of hours ago, I check on the different keywords I optimize on my blogs. Less than 10 of my blog posts are seen on Google's first page when you type in the keyword. But why I am getting less traffic. I'm only getting for about 30-50 hits per day. :(

The keywords I optimized ranges from 3,000 - 40,000 global searches per month in broad or "phrase".

I was wondering if you could give some clear explanations on this one.

Thanks.

nkellerm85, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  2. SkiptonBF

SkiptonBF Peon

Best Answers:
    Obvious first port of call would be are you meta titles, tags, etc. all in place?

SkiptonBF, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  3. aloneak

aloneak Member

Best Answers:
    Let me have a look in to your site. And share the link btw.

aloneak, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  4. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:
  5. aloneak

aloneak Member

Best Answers:
    add a tracker like histats and GA and do more analysis. You will receive hits if they keywords are optimized.

aloneak, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  6. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I've already use GA on it.

It's just the site is getting not enough hits. I don't think Google Keyword Tool is reliable with regards to the global monthly searches.

7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Until you get into the top 3 (where most of the click throughs are) you're not going to get much of that traffic. You need to analyse your traffic for the past four weeks, for example, and identify what has declined and why. Is it one particular keyword receiving less traffic? Do you have some pages that are now 404ing and you need to 301 to a new location? And so on.

ryan_uk, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  8. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Ryan.

Actually, I've only got two pages that are receiving hits constantly while others are not. One page is on the number 1 spot on Google when you type in such keywords. Others are placed between 6th-10th place.

ryan_uk likes this.
  9. Mohamedshajid

Mohamedshajid Member

Best Answers:
    in my personal experience. choose the exact keywords for your blog. and increase your backlinks. i also got same hits visitors per day but PR1, sound is very useless :p

Mohamedshajid, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you tweeting when you make new posts and sharing them on Google+? The first thing you want to start doing. Having accounts on social media for your sites on such social media services is fine, as it's just another way for your readers to follow you. Don't worry about not having many followers at first, they will come as you get more traffic. Also, follow people on both services and engage them. This is your first step in getting some backlinks (never worry if they are do/nofollow).

Also check your on page optimisation. You're using BlogSpot, so it's not as easy with a dedicated site, but you can still modify the template. Make sure your HTML is correct (validates) and is not bloated. Avoid being too keyword heavy in your text.

Vary your anchor text when you're creating backlinks (hopefully you'll get organic ones, though, which are much more valuable).

Make your header a bit more appealing from human visitors. It's not all about text for search engines, but visitors don't want to be landing on a page that looks like it's from the 1990s.

ryan_uk, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  11. SENtelligence

SENtelligence Peon

Best Answers:
    nkellerm85,
    I'd understand your question if you were rankings in the top 3 for all your keywords and weren't getting any traffic. But this is not the case, so, just hone your SEO skills, build links to your site, interlink your webpages with one another, bookmark your posts using social bookmarks, share them on fb, twitter and g+.

SENtelligence, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  12. opportunist86

opportunist86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure your site has that many visitors for the keyword? I made the same mistake. I was not using exact search phrases for my keyword in google keyword tool. I was only using broad phrases. It turned out to be a shocking fact.

opportunist86, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  13. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. For now my site really sucks, and it's not that so well-developed. Will take time improve it better.

14. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you very much Ryan. I admit my site has not been taking care well of as far as blogging is concerned, I'm not an expert and even don't have ample time to maintain the site as I am working for somebody else. Actually, I'm planning to buy for a registered domain though doesn't necessarily run it with a web hosting service.

15. nkellerm85

nkellerm85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not many visitors as I said there is a less traffic to my site though some of the pages are on Google first page.
    Also, I search for keywords based only on "phrase" not broad.

16. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    might be serps from personalized results
    will favored the site that you been visiting (your own site)

Nystul, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  17. gauthamvit2003

gauthamvit2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to add few points which few failed to point out. By now you should have figured out where the foundation or cornerstone of SEO lies i.e. effective keyword research. Note: Even if you search for broad or exact keywords, you only get a rough estimation of searches done, so dont depend only on metrics.
    No one wants to read an old topic unless they're desperate to know something. I would advice you to always go for trending topics in your niche. Do thorough keyword research, broad, exact, related/relevant words. While writing article keep in mind the keyword prominence, keyword density, keyword proximity.
    For example: Best Photograph Editing Software is Adobe Photoshop can also be written as Best Software for Editing Photograph is Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop is the Best Photograph Editing Software
    So play with your keywords, these small changes can really optimize your article for different keywords at the same time think about your visitors and write for them. Other factors to be considered are catchy title, sharing your post through social media sites etc. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    gauthamvit2003, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  18. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that your the keywords which you've targeted is not a competitive one or having high searches. BTW, for which keyword/phrase you are in the first page? have you check all similar/related keywords and phrases whether your site is in the 1st page or not?

josefaryan, Apr 3, 2012 IP