1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use google analytics to optimize your website ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by lonking, Mar 26, 2012.

I view google adwords a very useful tool to analyze the traffic sources of your website and make use of the data for further improvement. However, it seems that there are a lot of elements to consider, could you guys share your experince of how to use this tool and which elements should i pay special attention to ?

lonking, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  2. jonewatson80

jonewatson80 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Here are 3 Google Analytics tools you can use to discover how to improve your site. (And if you don’t have Google Analytics installed on your website, install it, it’s free.)

1. Annotations

Anytime you undertake a marketing activity you should annotate it to see what effect it has on your website. Understanding what impact certain marketing activities have on traffic and traffic behaviours on your site gives you an opportunity to optimize and improve.

If blog posts that offer customer support cause a spike in traffic, for example, you know to optimize your blog with these types of posts.

How to set up annotations.

2. Goal Funnels

Goals funnels monitor tasks on your site that require traffic to go through a specific path—such as email newsletter signup or ecommerce through a shopping cart. Monitoring these paths gives you insight into what’s working and what’s not working.

For example, you can monitor where on a path people are stopping. If people are dropping off at your newsletter signup form, is it because the form is too long? Is it confusing?

Figuring out why people don’t complete a goal allows you to go back and optimize that goal path.

How to set up goals.

3. Advanced Segments

Advanced Segments are useful for comparing what different audience groups do on your site and how to optimize for these audiences.

For example, you can compare how referral traffic from different sources behave on your site.

If Twitter traffic is more likely to sign up for your newsletter than Facebook traffic, figure out how you can optimize for Facebook. Is the newsletter signup clear on the pages that Facebook traffic lands on? Is the language similar to the language used on Facebook?

Understanding why traffic is behaving in a certain way allows you to go back and optimize for that traffic.

jonewatson80, Mar 27, 2012 IP
    regenesis likes this.
  3. regenesis

regenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, quality information shared by ma friend in the previous post. I would like to add one more thing- to closely monitor site's bounce rate. Work out such that it remains low. It is one of the important factor that defines your success online.

regenesis, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  4. satyajit

satyajit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google analytic is a very good option to track traffic to your website, It can help you know from where you are getting traffic and from which keywords. Your can track it for daily, weekly, monthly, Yearly, wht you want.

satyajit, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  5. catilucky

catilucky Peon

Best Answers:

really liked

catilucky, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  6. Riadi

Riadi Peon

Best Answers:
    all is well used Google annalistic accurate?

Riadi, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  7. tdavid

tdavid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can reduce your bounce rate by checking which pages are the most bounce rate. just go to content and then to site content make a simple filter of minimum 500 page views and then sort the list by bounce rate from the high to low and then put your efforts on these pages...

tdavid, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  8. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't open the google analytics even i changed the browsers, could you tell me why ? I want to know the traffic of my website recently.

lonking, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  9. mridula

mridula Peon

Best Answers:
    By using google analytics we can track the visitors record

mridula, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  10. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    Just checked my website with google analytics, what do you think of a website that only have 100 less visitors per day ? And the bounce rate of my website is about 30%, it that high ?

lonking, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  11. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing

yester123, Apr 11, 2012 IP