1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[SERP] Yahoo and bing frontpage, google last page!!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by paala, Oct 16, 2011.

Hello,
    I have a very weird situation!
    For my website www.top100flashgames.com, and the keywords top 100 flash games .
    Searching with bing and yahoo my site is shown first or forth worst case.
    Seaching with google my website is almost last(page 66 )!!
    I consider that my website is the most relevant website for the search query because of the name, the content, the quality of my top flash games.
    The website is new has only 3 weeks!
    But that huge difference between search engines is unacceptable!
    This is my first real website so can you give my some advise regarding this situation!

paala, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  2. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is possible as Google have complete different algorithm than Yahoo etc... So you will find such differences

expertofexperts, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  3. paala

paala Peon

Best Answers:
    So google algorithm is inferior to yahoo and bing!
    Very interesting!
    Or they just put good websites down to force them to use ad sense?

paala, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  4. imservicesolutions

imservicesolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would actually say superior...

But yes, the thing is they have different algorithms and to be honest I would devote my time to optimizing for G as that's where most of the traffic is.

And no it has nothing to do with AdSense. Read up on onsite SEO to make sure your site itself is optimized for your desired keywords/keyphrases and then get to backlink building!

imservicesolutions, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  5. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    It is not the difference that is resulting in a low ranking but google sometimes will give some sites a low ranking for new websites to see whether they are growing in popularity or just a come and go site.
    There is nothing to worry about this some backlinks your way will get you to the position that you deserve.
    Have some fresh content posted on your blog and build some links until you reach the page one.

GrandRoyal, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  6. applesfaceman

applesfaceman Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not use Keywords In The Domain to decide whether or not you are important. If this were the case then people would buy relatively long domains of Phrases people search for, and automatically be on top of the search engine. Because anyone can do this, and still NOT have relevant content, google has stopped using Key Word Domains as a factor.

Matt Cutts (Google Employee) also talked about this same thing on his youtube channel.

I learned this the hard way.
    my site
    on google, my site gets next to ZERO traffic from it, from a particular Phrase. its searched for over 200,000 times a month
    Bing on the other hand, 14,000 a month, and im on the front page, and i get 30-50 hits a day.

applesfaceman, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  7. arjunchauhan24

arjunchauhan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is very stiff competition for such keywords in Google as compared to Yahoo and Bing.
    Also, things change really fast with Google as its crawlers are the fastest. Make your site load faster, don't mess up a lot with it, stay away from Panda and you will get good results automatically :)

arjunchauhan24, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  8. applesfaceman

applesfaceman Peon

Best Answers:
    whats panda?

my site loads nearly as fat as it could .its just a one page site with a popular flash game on it, as well as a bit of text, which the name of is my domain, which is searched for 200k a month on google

9. arjunchauhan24

arjunchauhan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is the latest search algorithm from Google. Stay away from it's attack and search Google Panda on Google for more info. Also make sure that you follow On Page SEO techniques :)

10. applesfaceman

applesfaceman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you arjunchauhan

11. arjunchauhan24

arjunchauhan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most Welcome brother :)

12. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are having good ranking in Bing and Yahoo, you will get similar ranking from Google also. But you have wait for several months to see the effect. Also remember Google algorithm is different from Yahoo or Bing. You have to optimize your site for Google to get better position in Google. Since your site is new, you have to wait for several months to get good ranking from Google.

LinkGenie, Apr 8, 2012 IP