1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    free proxy submission on my pr2 proxy listing site. got good organic traffic there so submit now ;)

geekos, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  2. IProx

IProx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IProx, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  3. trafficpromo

trafficpromo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    right, now I know this has been asked dozens of times in this thread however after going back through about a dozen pages I have not found a recent answer. Who is the best network to use for proxified pages? Back a couple of years ago I was using adbrite however some people are saying they no longer accept proxies and some still say go use them, I'll probably get around to reading their latest tos sometime but I never really thought they made me much money anyway. I'm just coming back to the proxies after having none for a couple of years.

trafficpromo, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  4. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Zelune is rubbish, it's basically a highly modified phproxy script. Instead of going into the detail of why individual sites won't work - you're much better off downloading and using Glype Proxy. Glype even allows you to create tailored plugins to work with individual sites.

As for which advertiser to use on proxified pages, I use adversal popunders and hide-my-ip.com affiliate sales. It's only a little extra income but every little helps in the numbers game.

venturefox, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  5. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    I didn't get even a cent froom hide-my-ip affiliate sales, did you?

Greyhound, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  6. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    http://www.sperse.com/adlight/ allows you to add there ads on proxified pages.

Mite be a good ad network to start using for proxys, do not know much about them but the owner is a member of this forum.

Don't forget to add your proxys to http://www.theproxylist.info and http://www.theproxytoplist.info there getting some good traffic now.

SKULL, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  7. venturefox

Best Answers:
    I make a couple sales a month if I'm lucky, I have slowly begun phasing them out and not adding banners to new websites. I did some research on them recently and discovered a few bad reviews which do not bode well. I will probably replace them with securitales.com which have an affiliate program for a sort of advanced web proxy. The only downside to this is it's directly competing with the type of website we run and the banner ads are poor quality.

venturefox, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  8. IProx

IProx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IProx, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  9. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for your helpful posts.
    SKULL, my first 2 proxies are already listed on your 2 lists, I will be looking into paid promotion on various toplists and at this stage theprxytoplist is probably going to be one of those.

Thanks for your tips venturefox and IProx I'll most likely give proxify a try, I've never really tried affiliate anywhere, let alone proxies. Always just gone for ad networks. But I'll give it a month or so and see how it goes.

trafficpromo, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  10. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    Right, now after a lot of errors I'm in need of a little more help if possible? With 2 proxies and around a week online I've blown a little over 80Gb of bandwidth. So I started looking at blocking countries with htaccess and redirecting them to another site. However every single attempt I made has resulted in errors, anything from 500 internal server errors through to somehow blocking myself. I've spent several hours trying this and searching on google and I'm just about out of options. Can anyone direct me to a site that can tell me in relatively simple terms how to redirect certain countries to another url? I'm also looking at turning off my youtube plugin for glype if the country blocking doesn't work. Additionally (and possibly related) my VPS seems to consistently run at very high memory usage. I have 1GB of RAM available to me and it;s not unusual to see that at over 90% most of the time. I wouldn't worry so much if all this was making me some money but with 2 sites, 1 week, and over 80Gig of bandwidth I think I've made around 15 bucks. This isn't enough for me to consider going to the next step and grabbing a dedi.

trafficpromo, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  11. venturefox

Best Answers:
    Finding the right solution to ban certain countries is very important and I'm sure many webmasters use different methods. I personally use a dedicated firewall infront of my server to which I manually add IP ranges. A cheaper option would be a Maxmind GeoIP setup or you can cut out lots of hassle with blockscript.com (although it's expensive). The cheapest route would be just to choose a proxy host who already blocks these low performing countries. Having the youtube plugin on could be eating up a lot of bandwidth and also contributing to the high server load - although proxies generally use a lot of server resources. You've got two sites and you're thinking of renting a dedicated server? Forget it unless you want to lose a lot of money, as you've got a long way to go. Multiply that by 25 or even 50 and you're closer to making the numbers work.

venturefox, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  12. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am using the below with .htaccess

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{ENV:GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE} ^(CN|TW|HK|SA|IR|NG)$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://your-rediret-domain.com [L]

SKULL, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  13. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    I've got around 9 more domains to setup proxies on as I have time, and have plans for more along with a few lists. I realise I'll never pay for a dedi with 2 proxy sites but obviously I'm doing something wrong already with the high memory usage and high bandwidth. I'll look into maxmind now and see if I can work that one out. I looked at blockscript but at 20 bucks per site I'm not sure I'd ever make that back. I also kinda don't want to just block the traffic, I was thinking about the redirection as a means to still make money off the promotion by sending them to an affiliate site once I find one that allows it. My current hosting setup is one of dualracks hybrid vps's So far I've found their support pretty awesome But I am open to trying other providers. Maybe once I've finished filling this server I'll try another hosts system instead of upgrading at dualrack, also for the eggs and baskets thing ;)

14. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    I found that and tried it however it didn't seem to work, I tried accessing my site through a china proxy but it still loaded. I'm thinking I need to install geoip for that to work perhaps? I'll see if I can find out how to do this.

edit***
    oops, after some whois and IP searching that supposed china proxy isn't located in china after all.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  15. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find the best way to do country blocking is by using maxmind.com's GeoIP and modifying the Glypeâ„¢ index.php file, it works for any hosting, shared, vps or dedi, and is reliable. It's well worth doing imho, it saves a ton of bandwidth and increases ad revenue. The solution has been posted on netbuilders.org forum but if anyone wants the knowledge then drop me a PM and I'll send the complete instructions.

UncleP, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  16. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have around 17 Proxy Sites , that i set up all the way thought last month , and made just over $75 for that month with Adsense on main pages.

It is also my best month i have had with Adsense since i have been with them for 6 years.

My qestion is , is this good or should i be earning a lot more that this?

SKULL, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  17. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see the answer to this also. Based on what I recall making back around 2007ish with adsense on main and adbrite on proxified I was making around 50 a month with both ad networks per proxy. However from what I've read it appears that earnings aren't quite as good as they were back then plus we've lost adbrite for proxified and I cannot tell you what sort of traffic I was getting back then eoither because I cannot remember.
    I am aiming for $1 per day per proxy this time round. I'll see how I go. I've managed $12 for the last 7 days with 2 proxies so I'm not too far from my goal.

18. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    What is the best ways to promote proxy lists? I was thinking about posting in here but don't really want to contribute to the spam unless appropriate.
    I solved some of my server issues. I'll start again on trying out the blocking possibilities when I get home from work tomorrow. server load is down but traffic use is still massive. Not sure if that's good or bad as I only have 2 TB

trafficpromo, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  19. venturefox

Best Answers:
    A good start is adding your proxy list from new proxy sites you release, but you really have to target the webmasters who run them. Signature links on this forum and other proxy resources are good for those sort of visitors. It's best to be as creative and innovative as possible. A really lame and bad method is to spam a half dozen sites in one post with no other useful information.

venturefox, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  20. andy1971

andy1971 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the above advice :)

andy1971, Apr 3, 2012 IP