1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tool to List Domains 301 Redirecting to a Given Site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by michalr, Mar 28, 2012.

Not sure if this information is available at all, but I could really use a tool that would list domains that do 301 redirect to a given site.

I need that as I'm trying to figure out how my competitor is #1 on Google with fresh domain (15 months old) not having any valuable links (checked with SpyGlass). The search term is big money one and the site is there for a few months now so I'm suspecting the high PR links are made to some other domain which is redirecting to the site that ranks (which would explain why SpyGlass is not showing anything).

Any suggestions how can that be figured out?

michalr, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    15 months old domain cannot be considered as a fresh domain. with properly planed SEO, its enough time to rank a competitive site.

aside from that, there is no sure way of knowing how many backlinks your competitor has. SpyGlass or any other tools available online these days will not give you the full picture as Google only shows a sample of the backlinks from link search and yahoo just recently phased out their search explorer so no sure way to know how many backlinks your competitor has.

sultanofseo, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  3. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using the free Alexa.com to find out the backlink any URL has.

Also, I agree: 15 months isn't exactly a "new" site any more. Definitely can be good if they're updating the blog a lot and getting decent social media traffic.

jewel3000, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  4. michalr

michalr Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I agree "fresh" wasn't the best word to use.

There is absolutely nothing on the site itself. 4 pages indexed in Goolge. Just the money making form. So it must be some off-site SEO.

michalr, Mar 29, 2012 IP