1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with twitter oauth

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kevydesigns, Mar 26, 2012.

Hi guys.

I want a PHP script so that once executed it will automatically tweet a message on my twitter account.

Here I followed this tutorial but want to expand on it by automatically authorizing me to tweet instead of having to manually click authroize everytime i login.

http://tekxplorer.blogspot.com/2010/08/twitter-oauth-using-php-to-make-your.html

So I've already signed up for twitter developer app and got the tokens.

I made it work, but I have to manually authorize myself anyone know how to avoid the authentication bit so it posts once i execute the php script?

Please help thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    kevydesigns, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  2. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So no one know how?

kevydesigns, Mar 27, 2012 IP
    Hi,
    it's simple. Your app have to call this address: https://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate That gives forever authorization.

There is also another way to solve ur problem. When ur app calls the twitter it gives it an access token and a secret token(every user have a different one), which are used every time you ask anything to the Twitter API. You just have to put them to database. When u know this tokens u can use them to call twitter api directly. It's simple.

best regards,
    s.

stasiek, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  4. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks stasiek.

I got it to work now.

kevydesigns, Mar 27, 2012 IP