1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After getting banned from Adsense, I now use adBrite, but it doesn't pay much....

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by colbyleeross, Mar 17, 2012.

My website recently got banned from Adsense, for reasons I am unsure of. I was only with Adsense for about two weeks, and I was making about $10 a day. When they banned me, I was forced to find a new advertiser, so I did some quick research and found that adBrite was the best choice. I am not using inline ads or full page ads, just regular banner ads and made 30 cents yesterday. The amount of clicks on ads is much less than it was with Adsense, and because adBrite pays a lot less per click, I'm earning a lot less with Adsense. Obviously, I can't get Adsense back, so if anybody could give me any tips on how I can increase my earnings, that would be great. My site is www.ios-source.com

I'm just a new site owner looking to make good earnings off my content. Thanks in advance.

colbyleeross, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  2. ngeinc

ngeinc Member

Best Answers:
    Try using POPCPM.COM . Thats only if you wish to earn from us. We pay every Net 15 days meaning every two weeks we make payments. CPMS go range of up to $4.00

ngeinc, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  3. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use adbrite, but was unsatisfied and have been searching for replacement networks. My opinions might be a little biased, as I care more about my user's experience than making extra money. So I may scold anything that is 'annoying' or hurts users :p

To start, adbrite uses 3rd party advertisers and lets them use their own media players.
    Which means, their 'mute' functions don't always work. Sometimes their box ads will have videos that automatically play audio and cannot be paused or muted.
    Also, some of their banner ads have audio and say things like "YOU WON!" "CONGRATULATIONS!"
    Just some annoying things I noticed about adbrite. They can put special masks on your account to mute most of these. But new campaigns still leak through and play automatic audio ads.
    The only way to prevent it is to talk to their support and ask them to disable all ads that don't use adbrite's media player, ask them to disable audio, manually approve each ad, and turn on 'family friendliest ads only'.
    But of course, after you do all that, you'll get about a 1% fill rate and no money. I also noticed that with 'family friendliest ads only' on, provocative ads for finding women to have sex with were shown.

If you want return users, you may want to choose another ad network.
    From what I've read, POPCPM has had problems with bad ads in the past. They say that they have fixed this. You can try them out if you would like, and report back how you like them :)
    Clicksor has problems with malware, ads that automatically redirect users from your site to their site, etc. I'd recommend staying away from them if you care about your users.

Fidelity Media Has nice CPM rates ($0.10 to $0.30, I average $0.20). Their 300x250 ads have auto-audio video ads though. If you ask their support, they can mute the ad campaign. But it'll be undone when the campaign is renewed. Their banner ads don't seem to have any audio though. I'm still using them. They used to have better reporting capabilities that were real time, but they created a new system that updates once a day at about 2am EST.

ContextWeb is pretty good in my opinion. I've only been with them for about a week. I've only used their banner ad (728x90). With them, you name your ask price, and you only accept ads for that price. Kind of a gimmick system in my opinion. I'm inclined to believe that if you put your ask price as $0.20, then they'll sell ads for $1 and just give you the $0.20. I've experimented with their ask prices, and I've noticed that I get the best results @ $1.30. About each unique impression on my site gets shown an ad. I experimented with lower CPMs, and it only increases my fill rate slightly. Their ads are good though. Haven't had any problems. Their site design is kind of bad though. Their reporting system is near-real time. But there are no detailed logs (which would be really helpful for setting your ask price). I recorded my data manually, since they do show statistics for Today and Yesterday. Then everything gets thrown together in Past 7 Days, Past Month, etc. Also, their pages sometimes hang when you 'save' something, and you'll have to exit the page as they like to use litebox coding and gray everything out. It always saves the changes though.

njfail, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  4. And!

And! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try sticking a free banner rotation script up on your site, (or javascript) and add some clickbank banners, or experiment with some affiliate programs and see if you can make more than you did with google.

And!, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  5. the.wizard

the.wizard Member

Best Answers:
    try selling your ads space or have a good luck with chitika or clicksor

thanks

the.wizard, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  6. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had to remove some adsense ads from my websites that where more oriented into adult humor. Naked pranks and stuff like that. And with adbrite i earn just like you, not to say nothing. SO i m not sure who use adbrite after all?

What kind of website i need to have to pick adbrite over adsense?

As well i try many other advertiser and they have 1 thing in common, they pay 100 time less than adsense. So i decided not to run any ads and i m not exchanging traffic with mgid. If you or someone else have nbetter idea or decent alternative to adsense let me know. As well affiliates and stuff suggested in this topic did not work.

dadaas, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  7. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on the users you have, and your typical statistics.

If you have a low CTR, you'll want a nice CPM network (contextweb, buysellads, fidelity media, are some easy ones to get into).
    If you have a good CTR, you'll want to try some CPC networks.
    If you have a demographic that you believe would have money and be able to make purchases, you could use affiliate networks. There are tons of individual affiliate programs, and networks that gather a bunch of them into one place. I think its good to work with something that you know a large number of your users would be interested in.

Really, with CTR and affiliates, your goal is to appeal to your users with the ads.
    Lets say your major demographic is college kids 18-24 years of age and in the US, then you may want to try some tshirt affiliates like tshirt hell, or amazon, or ebay.
    But if you have an older demographic, they probably wouldn't be interested in things like that, so you'd be wasting your advertising space.
    If you have a younger demographic, Younger than 18, then you probably shouldn't be using affiliate networks ;)
    Most <18 year olds don't have credit cards, and they can't make online purchases. If they do make an online purchase, its most likely their parents that buy the item for them at a much later time (think- kids tell their parents they want this, and their parents say, ok maybe for your birthday..) So you probably won't get the affiliate credit even if you do inspire the sale.

So its important that you get to know your demographic, the likeliness of users clicking ads, and your user's interests in general. Once you know that, you can choose the best networks for your site.

njfail, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  8. Infolinks Support Team

Infolinks Support Team Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, this is Pamela from Infolinks. We boast the highest paying revenues in the industry - I believe you'll be very happy with us! Please visit our site for more information, infolinks(dot)com, or contact our customer support at support(at)infolinks.com.

Happy blogging!
    Pamela :)

Infolinks Support Team, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  9. PhillipC

PhillipC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe they banned you because you have information about jailbreak in your site. maybe google think this is illegal.

PhillipC, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  10. azmoum

azmoum Member

Best Answers:
    Website link ?

Is you account suspended or just the website that is banned ?

azmoum, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  11. onLoad

onLoad Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that you are banned from AdSense. Well, the world doesn't end with AdSense. Now, InfoLinks is your second best option that is still available. IMHO. Don't waste time. Go sign up and see for yourself. Talking of available alternatives, I tried AdBrite. It didn't work. I tried Chitika. It didn't work either. I tried InfoLinks. And guess what? I'm lovin' it and am still with them. Highest payout. Hassle-free setup. Quick support. I even bought 'The Hidden Treasure in Your Website' book by their Chief Marketing Officer, Tomer Treves. The first professional guide to monetizing your website with In-Text advertising. Excellent service. 10/10

onLoad, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  12. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Colby,

I've been hearing this from a lot of people. Thing is that Adsense has very strict rules and if you're not careful they can close the account. Sorry to hear this happened to you.
    I work with AdsGadget. Its a new self-serve ad platform that operates with a very simple system and user-friendly interface. The rates are very high, there are a variety of pricing models depending on the type of website you have and the amount of traffic you're getting. There's no minimum threshold for payment or impression volume. You control what you want.

Hope it helps,
    Good luck!

Qadabra, Jul 15, 2012 IP