1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I "launched" my eBook....Now what?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by entrecon, Mar 25, 2012.

WooHoo!

I have just "Launched" my new eBook.

Why is Launched in quotes?? Well, because I have the website set-up and I have the affiliate program set-up through JVZoo, but now what?

I am pretty new to the selling an eBook thing and fairly new to IM in general, so I don't have a list to promote to. I have been around the whole internet thing for a long time. I have studied what you should do and what you can do and have kept kicking the can down the road. Finally, I have decided to just do something!

I could do PPC, just trying to figure out the best place and the spend.

I could do JV, but I really don't have anything to offer in exchange.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

entrecon, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  2. IM.Douglas

IM.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on taking action! You are on the right track that you need to generate traffic to your new site. You could post comments to blogs or in forums that are relative to your ebook subject where you would be allowed to include a footer ad with link. Also you could do a press release on your ebook release and distribute to free pr sites and write an introductory article that subtly does a pre-sell and include a resource box that includes a link to your site and post at an article site. If you do choose PPC, you want to both have determined your target keywords and those you wish to exclude (to save money for similar but irrelevant words) and your budget (remember start small to test, if it works then expand but don't blow are your money up front). Also you could consider solo ads in ezines of others who have lists that are sent to your potential targets - finding good choices here could potentially give you more target responses than ppc.

Hope those help - all the best!

IM.Douglas, Mar 26, 2012 IP
    entrecon likes this.
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may try amazon, selling your ebook at forum market place etc.
    I personally suggest use affiliate program

lifeplayer, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  4. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been thinking about turning into an Amazon book as well as the other formats.

entrecon, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When an ebook fails it is usually a case of poor marketing as opposed to the content being poorly written. What you can do to make sure this doesn't happen is:
    Keep posting on sites like DP and flog your book. Try and get people interested in downloading your book while promoting yourself as an author.
    Start an affliate program.
    Publish a blog promoting your ebook and keep it current.
    Gather as many reviews as you can.

In short be out there,be heard......flog,flog and flog some more. If people don't know about it,they won't read it. If they do they will.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  6. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an affiliate program running over on JVZoo...just need to convince people to sign up. I posted that over in the affiliate forum.

entrecon, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  7. Jason1985

Jason1985 Member

Best Answers:
    clickbank too maybe , click2sell.eu , e-junkie

Jason1985, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Quite right,now that I've gone back and reread your opening post I see that. Well you're off to a good start then,good luck with all.:)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  9. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    I also updated the sales page based on some feedback I received. I think it needs some more changes...any suggestions?

entrecon, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  10. MoneyPuppet

MoneyPuppet Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats, man! I got to where you are, then lost all momentum. Keep it up and sell, sell, sell!

As far as your landing page goes, it feels really malnourished to me. I think you need some testimonials. You could hand out a couple of free copies here at the forum and get them to write you some real reviews. Put those on your sales page, and I think that will help.

If you don't want to do that, how about adding a video? It's just that your sales page seems too short. It almost feels like your product doesn't have much to offer. I hope that makes sense.

Terrific ebook topic, though!

MoneyPuppet, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    By the way how have you determined as to the price? That is crucial as to wether your book will move or not. Did you take the time to research and compare what a fair price would be? Also have you received positive feedback as to the title?

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  12. .Andy

.Andy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebooks are not as popular right now. Honestly I would stay out of them. Have you considered plublishing it in multiplical forms like iBook. That will get you in the most markets as possible.

.Andy, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  13. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    Length: I have gotten that feedback from a few folks now and will be working on a video and some additional graphics.
    Title: haven't had any feedback on it. Good or bad.
    Price: seemed mid-range in the market. Looking to do a dime sale soon to see if I can find a better price point.
    Review copies: DM me your email address if you would be willing to give an honest review'

entrecon, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  14. jmwidmer

jmwidmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have ebooks on Kindle, thats the platform I know

jmwidmer, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  15. EsSeeOh

EsSeeOh Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear a lot of great thinks about ClickBank. Maybe give them a shot. Good luck!

EsSeeOh, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Definitely try backpage.com, craigslist.com, qwikad.com

Most e-bookers are on them day in and day out. Must be working for them.

qwikad.com, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  17. IM.Douglas

IM.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking at the main headline on the sales page, just wondering if you can increase the intensity a bit and be more specific....perhaps something like "Create Your E-Book 50% Faster Without Being Tied To Your Computer". Just an idea, if you have a script that lets you run tests, you could do split testing to try out different variations and track and modify to get optimal results.

IM.Douglas, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  18. Darrett

Darrett Peon

Best Answers:
    great thread man love it!

Darrett, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  19. Ken Mec

Ken Mec Peon

Best Answers:
    In JV you need not require anything to offer in exhange...profit sharing is enough, offer them incentive....

List you product in clickbank, paydotcom.com, amazon, cj and other affiliate network...

Ken Mec, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  20. TruthW87

TruthW87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would get an idea on your conversation rates and statistics like that, and then market it accordingly through PPC, E-mail lists, etc.

TruthW87, Mar 29, 2012 IP