1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Found my adsense niche. Is it good?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cenny, Mar 24, 2012.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build my first adsense niche site and would be happy if anyone could tell me If I'm on the right track here?

Keyword research was really hard for me but about after a weak of searching I found a key phrase in the health niche that has:

Available exact match domain (xxxxxxxxxxxx.net)
    9,000 exact searches from google adwords keyword tool
    5,000 local searches...
    $5.00 average cost per click.
    low competition

and google shows "About 600,000 results (0.34 seconds)" not even a million.

the best thing is I have an exact domain match. Many say it still works..
    I bought the domain and trying to create content for the site.

Looking at the numbers do you think this niche is worth?

My goal is $1000/month, can I achieve it?

Cenny, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  2. seohat

seohat Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulation!

You can get you goal of $1000/month with the above given data. However, you have to add five to six more closely related keywords for your adsense domain. And see that the content is of high quality.

seohat, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  3. Ken Mec

Ken Mec Peon

Best Answers:
    If 600,000 results is exact match then it could be hard for you. Good SEO and backlinking will work for you.

Ideally below 50000 works well with less efforts. If you have the exact match domain then give it a try.

You can sale it if it is not working.

Ken Mec, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  4. lachlandv

lachlandv Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that keyword is a stunner it seems to be ticking all the boxes for a high earning smaller niche.
    Keep it to yourself until you get a website up and running :)
    If you need help with creating a website for the niche I have a fair bit of experience I earn a lot of my income from small websites earning a couple dollars a day multiply that by 100 websites and you have a nice side income ;)
    Chuck me a PM

lachlandv, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Personally I'd say that $1000/month is overly optimistic..

First the $5 CPC is nothing, it sure won't be what you'll get, not even close..

Second the monthly searches of 9,000 is very low.. Imagine that you finally get the top spot of google for this search. And imagine that all searches results in people visiting your site.

It is still only 300 visitors daily, not even unique..

To be optimistic, imagine you get on your site a RPM of $5 by having a CPC of $1 and a CTR of 5% then what are the numbers?

Finally, you might earn (let's be very generous with the page views / unique visitor here) $5 a day..

That's still only $150 per month..

Now if you want to dream multiply that figure by 6 (because you'll get traffic from other related searches) and you can keep on dreaming..

My own advice is to rather go for two of three larger sites, that can get together about 5,000 unique visitors a day, then you can expect to earn over $1,000 a month with a RPM of $5..

But then other people will have other advices than mine, not a problem really..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    JamesColin, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  6. Cenny

Cenny Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for your thoughts.

I analyzed some adsense sites on flippa, because many show the earnings and also google analytics.
    and I saw sites with less searches earning about $500/monthly, but also some earning less than that.

It would be still nice even to earn $150-$300 which seems possible, then I just have to create a couple more of these.

My next niche will be definately a larger one :)

Creating the site is no problem. For now I have installed wordpress with a simple theme and almost ready with the initial content. (about 5 articles).

My biggest concern currently is to bring this to #1 spot.

I hired someone not too long ago, for another site, to do some offsite seo (building links mainly), but I was really disapointed with the work.

Do you guys know of any affordable seo services that will give me #1 ranking? Especially for small adsense sites such as mine?

There is already low competition and I don't want to get penalyzed by google for link stuffing.

What type of minimal seo do you suggest? That is the most important for me.

Really big thanks to all of you!

Cenny, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never try never know. By the way, if you are in good niche and your website is good enough on both content and SEO, $1000/month is achievable

lifeplayer, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  8. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to use Wordpress, then SEO is very easy. Just install the right kind of theme and plugins and you are almost done.

gtk29, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  9. Salesmania

Salesmania Active Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't really matter what your niche is if you are willing to advertise it using methods other than search engine rankings. There are plenty of free ways. Consider writing articles, social networking, creating Youtube videos, advertising on forums, slide share site, document sharing sites, free press releases, etc. All of these are great ways to generate traffic to your sites, without depending on SEO or working so hard to find a niche. Hope this helps.

Salesmania, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  10. Mohamedshajid

Mohamedshajid Member

Best Answers:
    Good but i recommend to read all the comments and take a Good Decision :D

Mohamedshajid, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Adwords competition can be helpful but it's fairly irrelevant. Whats more important is the SEO competition, since you want to rank in the organic results.

dcristo, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  12. pankajdeoria

pankajdeoria Banned

Best Answers:
    If other exact match domains are not ranking in top 10 then I am sure you have found one of the best keyword. Below is my assumption of how much you can make.

Let's assume we get 4% ctr means 100 visitors - 4 clicks so 5000 visits means 200 clicks and if 5$ per click then you can make 1000$ :D

All the best and work on this.

pankajdeoria, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  13. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    5$ per click is unrealistic since it is the maximum bid for google search. On adsense network it is way lower and whatever the maximum bid on adsense network, it is the maximum bid, so very unlikely anyway to get 68% of that high bid.

JamesColin, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  14. iman3firdaus

iman3firdaus Peon

Best Answers:
    keep focus, even if you find a good niche but remains and must focus.

iman3firdaus, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  15. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck I'm sure you can make some cash from this if you work hard at it.

craig105, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  16. aliasneo

aliasneo Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think so this is possible anyways all the best try it if u are successful please show us some screenshots...

aliasneo, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  17. Brucode

Brucode Member

Best Answers:
    Literally $5 CPC is not so good, it is like nothing what you will get, next the monthly searches 9,000 not be ok with the EMD. In case, if you get the top position on google for this search and due to good look all people who looking for they visiting your site, it is around 350 visitors daily. Hopefully, imagine you get RPM of $5 with the CPC of $1 and CTR of 5% then can you imagine what are the numbers it is approximate $5 in a day means it is around $165 in a month. So it is not easy to earn $1000 per month.

Brucode, May 9, 2016 IP