1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Niche Picking For Maximum Cash!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DanAmerson, Mar 15, 2012.

I had a quick question regarding picking your niche and the strategy around marketing them.

I believe that it's understood that picking your niche is rather important, and that the three main niches are:

- Health/Wellness (diet, exercise)
    - Relationships (dating, friendships)
    - Financial Success (money, business)

The niche that I chose to go for was 'Songwriting'; musicians wanting to write great music.

The question is:
    Since I've picked a different niche from the "norm", how does that affect the marketing strategy?
    Because a business that sells products in 1 of the 3 aforementioned niches will need to work harder to stand out.

Any help is appreciated, and if you want to check out the site, visit:
    http://www.writeyournexthitsong.com

Thanks

Dan Amerson

DanAmerson, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't necessarily pick out of the three you mentioned. In fact, my most successful website has nothing to do with those three. As long as people are searching for it online, and it surrounds a product or service that generates revenue, you can make money. I prefer smaller niche's with less searches, lower competition, but easier to rank for in search engines.

PHPGator, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  3. kh444

kh444 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about the song writing niche, but if there are already products made for that niche then it probably means there's demand for it. You could niche down even further and focus on a specific genre of music and have different sections on your site for different genres.

kh444, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  4. mrelk159

mrelk159 Member

Best Answers:
    You have to look at the competition and the potential of the keywords before deciding what niche you should pick.

mrelk159, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  5. natorob

natorob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything comes down to your initial keyword research. You need to make sure that there is enough demand in your niche; and then think baout how you can monetize it.

Keyword research is key; regardless of teh niche you choose...

natorob, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  6. IM.Douglas

IM.Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Dan,

You asked about it affecting your marketing strategy - the normal rules apply. Others have talked about keyword selection but your go-to-market strategy should include a targeted approach. You can comment in relevant forums that allow a signature where your targets are, you could buy solo ads in relevant ezines to promote your product etc. Sometimes you can drive yourself crazy trying to find the perfect niche rather than doing some basic research (keyword traffic stats, google search to ensure there are some competing products that suggests there is a market, etc.) and then taking action to move forward. All the best.

IM.Douglas, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  7. jmwidmer

jmwidmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Great niches produce great money

jmwidmer, Mar 27, 2012 IP