1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can paypal reverse completed payments?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by geekymama, Mar 25, 2012.

I have been a verified premier Paypal account holder since 2009, and was usually just using it to pay for stuff I buy online, or to receive money from my mom who works abroad. I am about to finish college and started selling stuff online. After reading about so much horror stories about Paypal limiting accounts and "stealing" money from their account holders, I am now scared for my own too. What if I encounter a bad buyer who suddenly decides to scam me? Sure the items I sell aren't exactly high-priced but for a student like me, every cent counts.

Also, let's say Paypal suddenly decides to limit my account or a customer suddenly disputes a payment, will this affect payments I made PRIOR to the dispute? As I said, I use my account to buy stuff or whenever I need to pay rent or whatever to friends. I just don't want to go through the embarrassment of having my payments reversed.

If anyone can shed light on this for me, I will be really grateful. Thank you

geekymama, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  2. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they can reverse completed payment if they have any doubt on it till 45 days.

karthimx, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  3. natorob

natorob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may wnat to think about some other processors. I have been using Google CheckOut and AlertPay as well. May be a little more expensive than PP, but... Give them a look and decide for yourself.

natorob, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they can.

Also, if you're dealing in services or any type of virtual goods (including website sales), you have no protection if the buyer decides to do a chargeback. Paypal offer very little assistance when these things happen and in the overwhelming majority they will reverse the payment.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  5. R11228

R11228 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I've had payment reversed for services I paid for that weren't delivered.

R11228, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  6. brandnameprofits

brandnameprofits Peon

Best Answers:
    Payments can also be reversed at any point if the buyer pays by credit card and decides to force an unauthorized transaction through their credit card company. You'll also get hit with a chargeback fee which is about $25.00. That's why you should be careful with who you do business with on PayPal.

brandnameprofits, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  7. imraaanz

imraaanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sadly - my answers is "YES" , paypal is the worst online processing company in the world. They will get your money straight from your account and refund it to buyer, even though, you have served well to buyer. You must have a valid tracking code for product you sell online - Paypal says.

imraaanz, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  8. ron.ray

ron.ray Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately its yes id ont know why paypal is so strict about it specially to the person who receives a money. Sometimes Buyer get a product and then chargeback

ron.ray, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  9. linkbuying

linkbuying Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have 45 days to reverse the payment then it is not possible.

linkbuying, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buyers are not protected when it comes to digital products or services. Chargebacks can happen any time and the buyer can get refunded by his credit card company. But PayPal protection is active only when you make transactions for tangible products.

Cucumba123, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  11. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    180days he:Dhe.Need to know tricks.
    Thank you

sufia, Apr 20, 2012 IP