1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A CMS advice

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by vexx, Mar 10, 2012.

Hey guys,

I want to create a product catalog (without pictures), only links and details. The thing is I want to be able to filter the products by name, category, quality etc... basically a bunch of filters..nothing fancy. I want to add this site to an already existing vBulletin configuration, so the script/CMS doesn't need to be related to VB at all (although it would be nice to allow the users to post their comments there also). So, if you have any advices...please ;)

vexx, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  2. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so...none? :)

vexx, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. iedigcom

iedigcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try Pligg....... as per your requirement i think pligg is the best cms for you

iedigcom, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. vexx

vexx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understood my question... I don't want a social bookmarking platform..I just want a platform that I can add entries such as stories, articles etc..and each of that article (item) can be flagged with a filter and then the users can filter the lists and everything on that site

vexx, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. nYXem90

nYXem90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress with some plugins, may be?
    Filtering by category is obviously simple. But filtering is difficult when it comes to quality. May be you need levels like High, Medium and Low. So too many variables. Customization is probably your only way out.

nYXem90, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  6. usefulfitnesstips

usefulfitnesstips Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used SkyBlueCMS a little bit. It is pretty powerful and lightweight. My experience with it is too limited to say much more, but I think it's one of the more developed non-database options.

I recommend looking at - they allow you to try out virtually every open source CMS available. Search through them to find the highest rated CMSs without a database if SkyBlue doesn't cut it.

Good luck,

usefulfitnesstips, Mar 26, 2012 IP