1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Customized Google map with search box

Discussion in 'Google API' started by haggisv, Mar 22, 2012.

I'd like to create a Google map with a search box to embed into my site.

Unfortunately the standard maps don't include a search box within a map, so I believe I need the Google API. All I need a map with a search box and zoom (zoom seems there by default), so that I can add places of interest (clubs in my case) from my Google account. I would like visitors to be able to type a place of interest in the search box, and it will take them to that location on the map, and show local clubs nearby.

I've already spent some time looking for examples, so that I can modify ti to suit my needs, but have not found something similar. My programming skills are quite limited, so I'm looking for a simple solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here please?

Thanks a lot!

haggisv, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  2. haggisv

haggisv Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone help?

haggisv, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  3. SomethingIronic

SomethingIronic Peon

Best Answers:
    You're going to need to create a database of your locations and use a simple html form to input an address. From there you'll use some PHP to create an XML file and have javascript read it and push the locations onto a map using Google's API - just look for any store locator tutorials or even store locator scripts and you should be able to figure it out.

SomethingIronic, Mar 28, 2012 IP