1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google De-indexes and Penalizes Private Blog Networks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mchrest, Mar 21, 2012.

1. selen

selen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think google is just good because the others are very bad. And I think they should stop this adsense bullshit this would improve the web very much.

selen, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  2. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this site what you call good content??? http://www.davejug1.com/list-building-coach.html

?

mchrest, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  3. Lee6Pack

Lee6Pack Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that Panda found the blog networks and de-indexed them. Google has hunted them down and de-indexed them. :)

Lee6Pack, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  4. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    The whole point of Google Panda update and most of Google updates recently have been about providing better search results for users. It is also about decent content and fresh content. So when you gloat about having your competetion knocked off by updates like panda and your site is one page affiliate marketing scheme, then i question why Google even bothers. Yes I am aware that most seo is offsite, but not 90%

mchrest, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  5. Jason1985

Jason1985 Member

Best Answers:
    good info, i cant imagine what the next panda update again will do

Jason1985, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    list-building-coach,
    Your posts are super annoying to senior webmasters like me.
    So wrong and annoying.
    Super annoying.
    Comically annoying.
    Speaking for google, annoying.

I won't bother debating with you on any of this. Anyone who says that sites are ranked 99% from off-site seo is a person who doesn't have a clue to rank in heavily competed keywords. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. I've been working online for more than a decade and you just found this place last month.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    Laceygirl, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  7. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lmao.
    I can't believe some of the things people say on here....

indyonline, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  8. Lee6Pack

Lee6Pack Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Build My Rank's home page. Almost their entire network of blogs has been shut down. Just glad I don't use them for backlinks. :)

Lee6Pack, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  9. indyonline

Best Answers:
    This is a good thing BUT, now these people that sell these worthless services are going to have to find a new way to make they same amount of money. So I guess we will just have to be careful and see what their next tactics are. Glad Google did this though =)

10. BossBozz

BossBozz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's been happening fro awhile, I don't think they are actively hunting these networks but rather the new updates are detecting thin content and deindexing it. Have you seen the blogs these networks use? The content is spun so readability for humans is awful. I hear the new update is good at detecting spun content. They also look for other footprints like blogs using the default Wordpress theme and blogs that seem to be about everything and anything... Here's an example. That site is PR2 and has nearly 6000 pages indexed by Google, all containing utter crap! These networks might be a quick fix for those looking for a boost or new sites looking to get noticed but anyone who bases their entire SEO strategy on these is asking for trouble! I bet quite a few websites will feel the pinch, good news for SEO's who know what they are doing!

BossBozz, Mar 25, 2012 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  11. indyonline

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more.
    and I hope it puts these people out of business. It pisses me off that they been making money from this kind of work for some time now. I never fell for it but I see a lot of it and I feel bad for people who have spent the money on it all this time. I wish I could have told people the entire time that it's garbage but if you post something like that in somebodies thread you will get infractions for "hijacking" a thread. Believe me, I wish I could have been calling people out on this the whole time.
    --
    One funny thing is that you all know there are a lot of people here at DP that do this but none of them are saying anything... But I guess what can they say... =p

12. rossasset

rossasset Peon

Best Answers:
    They are trying to shut down some big blogs private networks. BuildMyRank is down and they are after ALN. In this chase is possible for Google to penalize some other blogs that look suspicious.

rossasset, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  13. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    The article contains the further quote you gave regarding link evaluation, but nothing further to define it. What leads you to the above conclusions?

turkishhomes, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  14. BossBozz

BossBozz Peon

Best Answers:
    More likely that they depreciated an old HTML signal from text links. Anchor text is too relevant too turn off.

BossBozz, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  15. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, here's the education side of panda.
    There is no real reason to think about the panda update on a technical standpoint. If you have been at DP long enough then you may have seen "Project Mobius" around. The advice he would give is probably along the lines of "Don't make crap sites".
    There's a lot of truth to it.
    If you make a bunch of auto-blogs that are considered internet garbage and have no use online then Panda will be trashing them. The people with high quality sites are happy for panda. If your site is not an asset to the internet than be worried. The mass crap online has only been getting worse and worse. Now its gotten to the point that some of these bloggers are making over 200 autoblogs. All pathetic and pointless. These individuals are simply not cut out to be a webmaster and earn online because they do not understand te the basic theory on business: You have to have something good to show/sell. Google is tired of it, I'm tired of it, and all of the people to take pride in their sites too.

So, my advice. Get a good site and work on that. If you can't do it then step away from online business because google is going to keep cracking down on poor quality with Panda.

Laceygirl, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  16. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You probably bought those links from blogs installed on expired domains - meant just to sell blog-posts on a large network through SPUN contents. No-wonder they got de-indexed. In-fact - to my knowledge its not only blogs - but other sites without much quality contents too got de-indexed. Personally saw few PR6 sites getting the hit.

jhnrang, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  17. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google do anything on website. So beaware.

jhardy2008, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  18. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing but how I can avoid google panda.

jhardy2008, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  19. lapseo

lapseo Member

Best Answers:
    Time to raise your game if you want to prevail. Luckily for me I have relied pretty much on white hat and sometimes grey hat SEO and have seen my rankings stick and even improve :)

lapseo, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  20. Dywaz

Dywaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. In my site I have tons of keyword and I think I will punish for this :D But my tags are in this format:
    So if my tags are without link, maybe google read it as text? :D

Dywaz, Mar 27, 2012 IP