1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Penalized site SERP be fixed or not?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dicksonwoo, Mar 25, 2012.

I had made a software download site and indexed more than 50,000 pages by Google, and made every page link to my main site... That means I got 50, 000+ backlinks, of course low quality...

Currently I found my site might be penalized, my SERP droped to 7th from the 1st... I have removed all links from my download site, if I get nature backlinks and let Google reconsider, Can Penalized site SERP be fixed or not?

Thanks...

dicksonwoo, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  2. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to wait weeks for Google to reconsider it , have you asked for re-consideration from WMT ( web master tools)? Google takes at least 2-4 weeks for an answer though. I am 3 weeks in and likely your serps will get worse before they get better. Also my advice is resist any temptation of adding ANY links till this is resolved.

Patience young grasshopper

mchrest, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  3. dicksonwoo

dicksonwoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advice. I will ask the reconsideration

4. Lee6Pack

Lee6Pack Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible that you dropped because google de-valued the inbound links. Not that they specifically penalized your site. I'd guess these low quality links have become no quality links, meaning that they no longer pass any value (or at least even less value) to your site. It's possible that some of the sites providing the links have been de-indexed, which would also lead them to pass no value.

Lee6Pack, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  5. dicksonwoo

Best Answers:
    Should I improve my products, and then get more natural & valuable backlinks from now on?

6. Lee6Pack

Lee6Pack Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are always a crap shoot. A method may work for a while (like private blog networks or profiles or blog comments) but as they become more and more abused, Google will look for ways to reduce or remove the relevancy of these inbound links. It's always a good strategy to look for natural and valuable inbound links. But what's a valuable inbound link today might be a worthless inbound link tomorrow.

7. Lee6Pack

Lee6Pack Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW -- Did google post a note to you in your webmaster tools account that your inbound links look unnatural? If not, there's no reason to contact google about anything. And even if they do, I'd probably still not contact them. If Google wanted to penalize your site, you'd probably be dropped completely. It's way more likely that the value from your links has been diminished in the Google algorithm. Or other people have overtaken your rankings. Or both. Or neither. With Google, we never really know.

8. dicksonwoo

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys..

9. twilightofidols

twilightofidols Member

Best Answers:
    How quickly did you build these links?

twilightofidols, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  10. ethinoze

ethinoze Member

Best Answers:
    THe Google Panda doesnt support what you did

ethinoze, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  11. dicksonwoo

Best Answers:
    It just linked to my site for 1 year... I don't know if the link problem or not

dicksonwoo, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  12. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a competitor that I want to knock out of the serps. Would you consider placing his link on the downloads site for me?

tornado!, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  13. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how bad the site is hit and what you plan to do. If your site was affiliate website with low quality content and you don't want to add extra content and move away from just selling affiliate products then pretty much you can just register new domain and start over.
    If it was your business website with legit content the it's ok and you can get your website back on track but it will tale time and effort and loads of money to invest.

Ledlauzis, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  14. greenmile

greenmile Peon

Best Answers:
    As mentioned, if you didn't receive a notice about unnatural links, then your site probably wasn't penalized. The backlinks you have know probably just carry much less weight, especially since you already mentioned that they are low quality. Your site can recover, it'll just take time. Add some unique content to your site and getting some better, natural backlinks.

greenmile, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  15. dicksonwoo

Best Answers:
    I have removed the 50,000+ low quality backlinks from my blog, will it hurt to my SERP, or helps?

dicksonwoo, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  16. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Google fix your ranking very soon.

jhardy2008, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  17. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would be fix.

ashleyjohn2347, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  18. dicksonwoo

Best Answers:
    I have removed the links from my blog. recently I lost 3/4 of my keywords on google, I cannot even get my site listed on the Search result of those. Like one of my product is PDF to jpg converter, but when I search "converting pdf to jpg" or "convert pdf to jpg", I cannot find my site. But I could find my site before... weired...

dicksonwoo, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  19. WebMaster2012

WebMaster2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember 'testing' equals SLIGHT tweaks. There is NO way of knowing taking such massive action like that. To get the real answer, you must consider many factors. If your site is new, then Google may have done just that. However, if your site is not new, then this can just be a temp thingy (lol) that will correct itself. I own MANY sites, and own MANY 1st listings... I notice my listings dance around quit often. Hope this helps!

WebMaster2012, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  20. meetali

meetali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build Quality links - as there is no easy way for success. It will take 2 to 4 weeks for any changes so...wait & watch...

meetali, Mar 28, 2012 IP