1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programming language for Web application

Discussion in 'Programming' started by NothingLikeThis, Feb 28, 2012.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    If only we knew which languages those were we'd all be in heaven.

drhowarddrfine, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  2. samyak

samyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    "
    Lol! JQuery itsels is written in Javascript!. Its a javascript library!. Just go to http://jquery.com/ and first line that have is "JQuery is a new kind of JavaScript Library."
    AND
    The full form of AJAX is "Ajax stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML"!!! so how can AJAX be used only with Flash and not javascript?

Its no surprise that you have "more than 5417 posts" as it seems you will write anything to get your post count running.

samyak, Mar 18, 2012 IP
    CodeBeast likes this.
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Surely theres a more suitable forum for you if you find this place so frustrating? I just scanned through a few of your replies, i can understand your sarcasm, ive seen this place change over the years but why wind yourself up with the posts that you read and reply to? I used to do the same but its daft, its a waste of your time, i dont understand why you would hang around if you see the threads and posts as being of low quality, im not suggesting that your wrong but maybe you're wasting your time.

pipes, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    @pipes - I'm in a weird situation. My business runs on its own. I moved to a new house but it's being remodeled. I can't take on any new customers cause I'm thinking more of winding things down not building them up. So I find myself sitting around a lot the last few months with nothing to do and where I can't find enough to do to keep me interested.

I'm trying to force myself to transition myself and my company's workflow to better take on all the new tech nowadays but I don't know how much effort I want to put into it. So in between efforts, I try to read tech stuff but my mind wanders and I end up here. Coincidentally, I have started logging out and not saving my password hoping I'd get tired of logging back in but that hasn't happened yet. Old habits are hard to break. I'll never forgive the guy who PM'ed me on Sitepoint inviting me to come here to help him with a point he was trying to make.

Yes. This place is a cesspool. Maybe talking about it now will get me to quit. Maybe I'll take up heroin.

drhowarddrfine, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You might be more comfortable at http://stackexchange.com/ although you might be there already, ive joined 4 of theirs and its handy being able to use the same login across their sites, because of the way their system is setup it makes it a lot harder for people to post junk on them, it took me a little bit of time to get used to asking and answering questions there without the fluff and useless stuff that ends up on forums.

The mods there make it difficult for spammers and the sort of nonsense that is filling forums, the rep system i like as it gradually gives you more freedom and control there.

Im guilty of having spent too much time here, i got caught up in arguments a few years back, i wasted a helluva lot of time, and clearly i still go through phases of posting here.

I too have the problem of sometimes needing to take a break from reading, researching and my mind wandering and end up here or logging into facebook or my email account too often, what starts with an intended 5mins having a look can turn into 30mins of nonsense.

Its hard to get out of the habit of visiting certain sites but i find that if you can it can be satisfying when you reach the end of the day knowing you stayed away from certain things.

There can be a tendency to want to correct people, theres a wave of a different type of webmaster now at places like this, i wont say it but most know of the types that have flooded forums with useless stuff.

pipes, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  6. pritesh.a.taral

pritesh.a.taral Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to create database site with much complex queries then you must go for java...:)

pritesh.a.taral, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  7. allricjohnson

allricjohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Among computer programming languages, there is no single application that does all the different things, in all the different ways, that programmers need. Because of the great number and diversity of programming tasks, choosing a web application programming language has become a critically important step.

Fortunately, there is continuing development in the field, and today the number of capable applications is expanding. Database-driven websites can now be built with such varied scripting languages as PHP, ASP.NET, JSP, Perl and Cold Fusion, which fall into two main groups – proprietary and open-source. In the foregoing examples, all are open-source except the proprietary Cold Fusion and ASP.NET.

allricjohnson, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  8. aisyaziz

aisyaziz Guest

Best Answers:
    it depends on what you're trying to do. .net is probably easier to learn. but they are not so adaptive to many environment. the same function may work differently in firefox/ie/chrome/etc. so its quite a hassle.

php may be the best bet.

aisyaziz, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  9. michal26

michal26 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Java is the best and will remain be the best.

michal26, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  10. Jagerr

Jagerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, you're a troll.

Instead of literring the site and insulting people, why don't you actually do something productive and point out there mistakes? Honestly, I'm genuinely looking for the best way to stack programming languages in order to become a great software engineer and I keep running into your junk.

Just **** off bro.

Jagerr, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  11. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't even post in this thread, let alone read it, yet you waltz in (7 months after the last person posted), pretending to own the joint, and then tell people to f*ck off? Also: drhowarddrfine last post was on Mar 18th 2012. I think you are the troll, and a pretty bad one at that.

Something seems wrong with you

;)

GMF, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  12. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mostly an opinion - who like microsoft's, will tell you asp.net is best.
    I thinks php is best, huge amount of sites disign with php.

coakleylincoln, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  13. garnet2k

garnet2k Member

Best Answers:
    Try python, easy and quick. Even better - django (python)

garnet2k, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  14. Ikeshaws

Ikeshaws Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Various Programming languages are in the market so it depends upon the taste and preference people usually prefer the programming languages. PHP is open source with the Apache server platform, While the ASP.Net is the window platform programming language , Java is the Sun Based and vice a versa. So better option would be the market trend for the web application.

Ikeshaws, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  15. garnet2k

garnet2k Member

Best Answers:
    I agree to that.

garnet2k, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  16. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How did you say that PHP is a best one?
    Is there anything special in that platform?

coakleylincoln, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  17. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Garnet
    I don't know much about that python
    Could you tell me about that in detail?

coakleylincoln, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  18. garnet2k

garnet2k Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as 'the best language'. All languages can do what you want. The question is how easy, or with how many lines of code, or how cluttered the syntax is.
    In that respect here is same code in python and php

PHP:

$var1 = 'something';

if ($var1=='something')
    {
    echo 'OK';
    }

Same in python:

var1='something'

if var1=='something':
    print 'OK'

Note the indentation above. It is part of the syntax. See what I mean?

garnet2k, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  19. Overy1970

Overy1970 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Php is best. But if you are new in web designing you must have to know HTML first.

Overy1970, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  20. Overy1970

Overy1970 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After HTML you learn css java script and then asp or php

Overy1970, Oct 31, 2012 IP