1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why directory people reject linking to new site?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by tptnyc, Nov 14, 2006.

Whenever new site is submitted, directory owner look at the PR of that site and reject. Everyone of them had started new at one point of time and probably faced rejections too, so why not help the new sites build links?

tptnyc, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you will find this to be true with everyone.
    One thing you might try is watch the Solicitations forum for new directories and submit to them as soon as they are announces, and your chances of being accepted are quite high.

dvduval, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And *most importantly*, do not try to submit to top level categories.
    Submit to the appropriate leveled category that suits your site best.

IF it's a featured listing, then I can see it being submitted to a top level, otherwise, don't do it.

an0n, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you try to do this on Anon's directory, you will actually receive an electric shock! :)

dvduval, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ROFL... im not THAT evil anymore David. You have to give me the benefit of the doubt. lol

it's no longer 50,000volts. it's only 10,000volts bwahahah

an0n, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  6. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Words of Wisdom!!!

Plus read the submission guidelines for each directory.
    I doubt that your site is rejected for no page rank, has to be another reason so many directories reject you.
    Type of site not suitable for the directory, as in adult or gambling, maybe warez site.
    Too much advertising on the site? That is one where I do reject a lot of sites.

You can also ask the directory owner why your site is rejected. Could give you a good idea of what to do before submitting to other directories.

iowadawg, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am now intrigued to see:

1. the actual site
    2. what level of cat it's submitted to.
    3. the submission info given for site

an0n, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  8. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    And also .. some guys submit to paid directories without making payments. Thats too much annoying for directory owners. So that must be taken care of always. If the directory is paid then purchase the links or dont submit your links at all.

aditya_sfs, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  9. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    irka, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  10. romow

romow Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes you think people reject submissions for zero PR?

romow, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  11. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's because they use lists of so called free directories not updated since 3 months :), you think they will waste their time checking if the directory is paid or not ;)??
    500 submissions in just 1 click!! Yummy isn't it :D

irka, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  12. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone did tell me this in an email once. It was one of the first directories I submitted to, and I expected to see more, but I haven't seen it since.

flagday, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  13. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    At bigtangle we never reject sites because of low PR. We do however reject more than half of the sites submitted - too many ads; wrong category; sites made of articles copied from article banks and nothing else; subdirectories submitted; crappy titles and descriptions; sites that just don't look as if any time has been spent on them.

tptnyc, you can't believe the poor quality of some of the sites submitted to free directories, and no directory owner has the time to recategorise sites and rewrite descriptions - our directory is still PR0 but was getting at least 100 submissions a day (until I resticted it to wednesdays only for free submissions). Net result - we delete entries to top-level categories without even looking at them.

The job of a directory owner is not to "help the new sites build links", it is to list sites that would be interesting to their visitors.

If you have a decent site, and submit carefully and thoughtfully, you will usually get accepted in the majority of free directories. Even without PR.

Hey its wednesday tomorrow - give us a shot!

Rasputin, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have already spoke to David with plans for the next next version of phpLD.

While I could make this myself and charge for it as a MOD, I prefer to provide it to David and to better help phpLD and offer enhancements rather than to gain for myself.

And for some to wonder and not understand my way of thinking by providing ideas to better something that is not mine, well, that's on them. Let them keep thinking. We'll just let them be the vulture money sucking people out there we despise.

Me on the other hand, I really am for *YOU* :)

ps.s. - that's not the only idea i've given that you'll be seeing either :D

an0n, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    aditya_sfs likes this.
  15. donttrustthisposter

donttrustthisposter Peon

Best Answers:
    I approve quality sites not on PR at all but I actually look to see if each is indexed by msn, google, and yahoo. If it's a new site I'll wait until is indexed.

The rational is I don't want to link to banned websites. PR has nothing to do with it.

donttrustthisposter, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  16. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will tell all of you, that An0n is one of the few on this directory forum that will help anyone who asks.
    And yes, I like his way of thinking!
    I have seen a lot of mods for phpld out there where they want MONEY for them.
    And most of those mods, you can either get free from someone here, on the phpldlinkdirectory forums, or ask an0n.

iowadawg, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  17. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    If they rejected your site based only on PR then they are dumb, a directory is intended to list sites that people may find interesting not listing sites with the highest PR, do surfers really care about PR?

Any way it's probably best they did delete your submission because i know if it were me i would be glad because i will never deal with PR snobs that's why i refuse reciprol link exchanges from 'some sites' trying to get on my fan sites links page, i mean when i requested a link exchange when my site was a PR 0 & new they refused the request stating 'we have an higher PR', but as soon as my site was PR 4 & there's is a PR 2 they they want to kiss my ass to get a link, i just tell them no...

Toopac, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  18. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Not true for all sites, depends on what your site looks like i suppose, if its a page filled with adsense or bad content and pr0... for sure they wont accept it.

Seiya, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  19. Antonio

Antonio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think they only reject new sites?

They would be accepted if they are well designed and with good content.Unluckily most new sites are in the same design,same content and do not follow submission guide.

It only depends on your site.

Antonio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  20. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are too many other reasons to reject sites, apart from looking at PR. I could never be bothered with looking up the green bar and checking indexing - it is irrelevant to directory editing.

What I do find with a lot of new sites is that they don't have a lot of content. I reject sites with "coming soon" pages, broken links and generally a half-baked look. I also reject forums with too few members and not many posts. You may find that this is your problem, and not PR snobbery.

Why not post your site, and get an objective opinion?

Obelia, Nov 15, 2006 IP