1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dramatic Decrease in Search Traffic

Discussion in 'Google' started by wrekoniz3, Mar 20, 2012.

I noticed that once i started getting high amounts of traffic from China, Google started sending less and less search traffic. Is this a direct correlation to having a lot of Traffic from China? What causes the decrease? I does not make sense to go from 300+ referrals a day on google to 100 in a matter of 3 days.

wrekoniz3, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  2. deohaivan

deohaivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    it may be just bots crawling
    they come and go just like that

deohaivan, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  3. Jason1985

Jason1985 Member

Best Answers:
    your site could be doing the google dance and moving in the results back in forth abit. google does like tons of changes I heard 50 or some times a month. that could be why , see how it does in a few days.

Jason1985, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  4. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also i do know that load time increased dramatically on my site due to some issues with increased traffic. So with higher than average load times maybe google crawls your site differently? Can anyone confirm that?

wrekoniz3, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  5. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    simple007, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  6. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Investigate your Analytics or traffic statistics report, there you seen which avenue are decreasing.

WishBone, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  7. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not sends traffic to any website, its websites which appear in search results and user selects according to his requirement.

One reason of decrease in traffic could be ban of Google in China.

Second reason could be, drop of your keyword ranking in search results.

C.Rebecca, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    What i'm trying to get accross is i have a site which is updated daily with fresh content and i was getting over 12k unique visitors per month from google search engine. Getting over 100k impressions according to their webmaster tool. As soon as i started kicking up traffic from China...The webmaster tool which shows search queries dropped dramatically. Now the goal of any webmaster is to get as much traffic from google as possible, and i have done my own SEO for years and still dont understand what would cause this.

The original searches and referrals from google were not Chinese based. So a ban of google in china is not the cause.

I have new keywords being crawled daily with new content. I had a lot of traffic coming in from google and in a matter of a day, it has dropped.

Still dont know what would cause this.

wrekoniz3, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  9. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    @C.Rebecca

By the way Google would not send traffic to any website if you removed the "selects according to his requirement". What do you think happens when the user selects a website? The user is SENT to that website. AKA a referral.

That's why i don't pay for any SEO services, thanks for the clarity.

10. mave863

mave863 Peon

Best Answers:
    @OP, is your traffic from China human or bot?

mave863, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  11. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Its 100% human traffic. I get a lot of referrals from other chinese based sites, chinese search engines, and they sign up. I get better reception to my site in china then any where else. Its interesting. I noticed something though. Today traffic sent (reffered) by google has been higher than yesturday, its going back up. I am thinking it has something to do with my sites load times. They were high until i adjusted the uplink speed on my box. Now they are low load times, its a lot faster. Once i made that change i started seeing a difference in google traffic.

Can anyone confirm that this can be a factor with google though?

12. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    If you're getting traffic from Baidu and less from Google, there's probably no correlation. There may be if you have spammy links, but I'm not too well versed with Baidu to say one way or the other.

SamFrankly84, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  13. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly the Ban in Google.cn may be the reason.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  14. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Yeah but what people are neglecting to realize before telling me the same thing "Google Ban in China" I WAS ALREADY GETTING GOOGLE SEARCHES IN THE US. ONCE THE CHINESE TRAFFIC KICKED UP, EVEN THE US SEARCHES DROPPED. So that being said, Google Ban in china is not even related to this issue. At least from i can see.

wrekoniz3, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  15. Johnm1141

Johnm1141 Peon

Best Answers:
    Must be the bans on china that is causing such traffic decrease.

Johnm1141, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  16. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Please explain how that would even effect anything....Please read what i stated above before repeating the same information... Saying its bans on china does not sound accurate right now considering the traffic i was getting search traffic from was US. and the US search impressions even dropped + search clicks according to google WebMaster Analytics. So how would getting a majority of chinese traffic all of a sudden change how many people are searching for content and being referred to my site via google?

That does not make sense to me....please people read what im saying, i feel like im getting robot responses. lol

wrekoniz3, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  17. BossBozz

BossBozz Peon

Best Answers:
    Google take into account how well your page is optimised for loading speed. You can test it at https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/ and get a score along with their recommendations.

BossBozz, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  18. affkb99

affkb99 Member

Best Answers:
    If you're seeing lots of drops in traffic then I would start looking for other methods to get traffic. You don't want to depend on just one source of traffic. If something negative happens that can change your website visibility, then you have to seek other methods to get the same type of traffic. Never depend on just one source of traffic.

affkb99, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  19. alsgroup

alsgroup Member

Best Answers:
    Check indexed pages of your website in Google. If they are decreasing day by day that means something went wrong with your website.

alsgroup, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  20. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i dont see any changes in the indexed page count. I dont have just 1 source of traffic i have many but the point is i was getting traffic from google, and now it has dropped. The goal is to keep traffic from google growing at all times. My goal is to be able to get 1,000+ referrals from google searches daily. Its possible considering i have 22,000+ indexed pages.

wrekoniz3, Mar 26, 2012 IP