1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best speed dating scripts

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Camarao, Mar 20, 2012.

Hello,

I intend to start a new speed dating site (regular dating). I see that there are some companies selling speed dating ready software.

I would like to get information about people that had such experience, which are good scripts, which are bad ?

Thank you very much.

Camarao, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  2. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are only just a few good social networking scripts around.
    Actually 3 well known and solid, they exist for many years already and have good support too and private forums.

phpFox - http://www.phpfox.com (the best of the 3)

Social Engine - http://www.socialengine.net

Jomsocial - http://www.jomsocial.com (this is a Joomla component, Joomla itself is free)

ilook, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  3. Camarao

Camarao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ilook,

Thank you very much for this response, I read about them.

I understood that they are foccused on Social Networks, not specific, please correct me if I am wrong. My project is a site such as regular speed-dating sites foccused directly on men/women meeting on the site based on searches, etc (exactly what we see around).

Based on your experience do you know what could point direct to the target?

I had used jomsocial earlier as a normal user on an site (3rd party site) and found something like each user having their posts, blogs, videos, that would not fit my needs. What I intend is description (text) plus picture and the database of people to search and find their 'match'...

My traffic around it is all set, my 'mission' now is to find what would fit that and start the new site.

I tried some stuff such as Skadate but found too complex, too many options for the user that would not hold them at the matching foccus.

Thanks !!

Camarao, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  4. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

These scripts can be targeted to your niche.
    Buy separate plugins or hire your own coder to suit your needs on these scripts.

ilook, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  5. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, AJ Classifieds - Personals is the best dating script software to create the dating portal. It is the user friendly & the feature rich dating script software that makes you easy to start the dating portal.

rashida, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  6. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL you must be kidding!

Yeah keep plugging your own scripts.
    A Classified script is something totally different than a solid social/dating script and your script does not come even close to that!

ilook, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  7. Camarao

Camarao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

This a real analysis, I would ask for no self promotion, I look for users that had experience with those softwares that could help me find best ways because I cannot try dozens of scripts.

Thanks !!!

Camarao, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  8. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I own licenses for the scripts i'ved mentioned (except Jomsocial) and all 3 are solid and in business for many years, have good support and a dedicated private forum.
    No unsupported poor scripts from unknown offshore companies in India, Pakistan or Russia.

ilook, Mar 22, 2012 IP