1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hired blogger - Who then copied articles - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by blade_922, Nov 2, 2006.

1. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it really ethical if some one reword an article? One can write short or long depends upon what he is getting, but "rewording an article is a kind of job that bug me a lot.

Several 100's of writers spend hours to write one article and how easy now a days some one reword it, just to pass copyscape etc.

To best of my knowledge SE's are also concerned about this and no way they can promote this practice. A unique article even it is short is worth every penny than a "reworded" article.

sipltech, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Does copyscape show duplicate content?

dcristo, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  3. Matteh

Matteh Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care if they are "reworded" or not if he does not pay for them then he should not use them. If he does he is no better then the writer who copied them, as he would be stealing from the writer.

If he don't want to pay for the articles but wants them still he should find someone else to write it.

Matteh, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  4. Mike S.

Mike S. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

My biggest problem with this was that he was paid to reword the article, and in that sense the buyer has to define conditions, as rewording can be stretched from one extreme to the next.

Mike S., Nov 14, 2006 IP
  5. Forum-Angels

Forum-Angels Peon

Best Answers:
    But the point is, the buyer didn't get what he wanted, but then alot of us don't get what we want. The writer hasn't been paid, so the so the 'buyer' hasn't lost anything.............

So I don't see why he started this thread in the first place. Take legal action? For what? You didn't pay any money... You didn't loose anything.......

Or am I missing something?

Forum-Angels, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    m0rtal likes this.
  6. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe you can, writers mistakenly do this all the time on our site (some on purpose but those get banned). We give out full refund if someone does this.....

If you write an article on a subject and sell it to someone for exclusive rights, you can not reword it and resell it. If you are doing this, you're going to lose clients really fast. Of course if you did not agree to exclusive rights then its not a problem, but why not sell the same article at that point?

You defiantly can't do this with work that is not your own. You can call plagiarism what you want but if you take my article and reword it, I won't even email you. I would start filling out the DMCA paper work for google to get your adsense account banned and your site.

http://www.google.com/dmca.html

ConstantContent, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  7. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    that article is hilarious. He copied the stuff from another site and tried to piece different parts together so that it was "reworded" but sounded linguistic like the other article but he jacked it up and made several large gramatical errors. Its just funny how little effort he put into this.

In video gaming news and pretty much any news for that matter it requires a sense of rewording to get your own content because all the news on the subject is almost identical. But rewording isnt rearanging the exact same parts of sentences in a different order but rather taking the synopsis and writing that down without looking back, that way you have a farely good chance you are not repeating word for word.

arkueckelhan, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  8. blade_922

blade_922 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I havent paid him, and dont plan on paying him. Come on really, if you hired someone to write a 10,000 word report and he went and copied 90% of it from someone else would you pay him? Same damn thing. NO you wouldnt pay him.

I just started this thread to hear some opinions on this situation. And to Forum-Angels its not about taking legal action, its the fact he copied someone elses work and tried to pass it off as his own work. I specifically asked all articles to be written by him fully, his own unique content before i hired him. He failed to deliver that.

If you hired someone to create you a unique logo/banner from scratch, and he went and copied someone elses and changed one little bit on it and passed it off as his own and you caught on, you wouldnt pay for that. You didnt hire him to do that.

Thank you and End of. :)

blade_922, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  9. Hypnotique

Hypnotique Guest

Best Answers:
    If you aren't paying, I suggest that you remove them from your website. This is the ethical thing to do, they're not yours any more I own all the rights on them. I could care less about getting the payment, fact of the matter is you have content that you have not paid for. If it was such a big situation, why did you even put it on your website. You're just as much at fault for accepting this work and continuing to put it on your website. I'm not going to sit here and go on about this, I have better things to do. All I'm saying is remove it.

End Of. :cool:

Hypnotique, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  10. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    If you didnt pay then what advice do you want, dont pay him, forget him... dont take his article... easy as that.

Seiya, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  11. Forum-Angels

Forum-Angels Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I didn't order the articles lol! But what you said, is what I was trying to say, but this guy has allready got all of the articles & apparently is using them...

Forum-Angels, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  12. slipxaway

slipxaway Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least with the first example (only one I read), I think the writer did a sufficient job. Articles about upcoming video games or video games that have just been shipped are impossible to be original in content, because the source of the information is limited to what the developers release. It's not like he had a chance to sit down and play the game and create his own review, nor should the buyer expect such. Even the original article was nothing more than rewording from the information that was released from the developers, unless they have inside information or have had an opportunity to play the game before others. You can't expect a writer who isn't part of a major video game news company to have access to such special perks and if he were, he wouldn't be offering his services to competing sites.

I think the buyer was just a bit niave in his expectations and he definitely needs to remove the articles from his site if he has not paid for them.

slipxaway, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  13. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    If you don't want to pay the writer you hired to write content for you, then you need to take the article(s) down from your website. Regardless of whether he copied the articles from another source or not, you do not have grounds to use them because they have not been paid for.

DeniseJ, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  14. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    No one should be using the articles if they were taking from other articles. You could get your site and adsense account banned if the original author took steps to do so.

ConstantContent, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  15. modcase

modcase Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that this is a common problem with this site....

modcase, Dec 21, 2006 IP
  16. bestnaughtydeals

bestnaughtydeals Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends if you had a contract. You might just have to take a loss in what you've paid and fire them.

I'm a writer and often I use other sites as research but it usually ends up being more than 3 sites. You can always ask for a list of sources with each article.

If you're looking for a writer let me know, I'm looking for new projects.

bestnaughtydeals, Feb 4, 2007 IP