1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A blogger copies my content in her site. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ilianalola, Mar 20, 2012.

A few days ago I understood that a blogger is visiting my blog in order to copy my content and put it to her site.She copies and pastes my articles as is, put her name on it and add them to her site. :mad:What can I do about it?I always write unique content for my blog and now because of this most of my articles are duplicated.Is there something I can do about it?

ilianalola, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  2. jarred123jarred

jarred123jarred Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could make your articles into images then she can't copy them, but this is very impractical. Try addressing her directly and threaten her with legal action.

jarred123jarred, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  3. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ЄxDeus™, Mar 20, 2012 IP
    siteurl likes this.
  4. damagesmith

damagesmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thought wordpress has a addon that makes it more difficult for websites to be copied. im sure their other software that will disable the right clickand the copy feature. Point is try to make it harder for them to copy the site. Are they using the exact same article as you created, or re they spinning it into their own?

damagesmith, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't effectively prevent copying, all you can do is make it more difficult. Even you disbale right click or turn the text into an image, it is just a few extra steps to steal the content.

As ExDeus says, get the name of the hosting provider and send a DMCA notice. If they are in the U.S., that should do the trick. If they are not, then good luck.

Business Attorney, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  6. motograter23

motograter23 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty messed up, but if I were you I would see if she has contact info on her site and simply address her via email or whatever, and try to approach the issue in a civil manner first, if she doesn't respond well, then I would threaten legal action...but I don't know factually that you could do anything legal about it. Unless your content is copyrighted there isn't a lot you can do...

motograter23, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  7. Estamers

Estamers Peon

Best Answers:
    This is nuisance and useless if she is cloning it, atleast for google search engine, threatening her with DMCA might work

Estamers, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  8. lothos

lothos Member

Best Answers:
    contact her host with a DMCA notice and have them take down the content.

lothos, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  9. heavycat

heavycat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    DMCA is the easiest option. Cease and Desist letter is the next step, but will cost a few bucks. If it's really a problem, spend an hour with an attorney and find out what the options are. Legal advice really isn't that expensive vs. the alternative (losing tons of value in your work).

heavycat, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  10. paulsantosh

paulsantosh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If her blog is hosted by Blogspot then report it to Blogger.

paulsantosh, Mar 30, 2012 IP