1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please stop offering Cheap services For God sake!!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ContentVisionz, Mar 16, 2012.

Dear DP Members,

Please stop making threads offering very cheap writing services. I know few dollars mean lots of money for people from Asia. Service providers are providing services like for few dollars. Maybe the quality is there but why you want to offer such low price. Do you think the competition level is very high.No matter how high is the competition, your quality will help you overcome such competition.

Offering lower prices gives an advantage to the person whom buying your articles. The will be making more money with the articles that you right.I'm don't have any intention to condemn or accuse any parties. I would just love to suggest please do not spoil the reputation of writers. Stick with your rates. Don't simply offer services for pennies. Show quality guys...

I hope there will be changes in content writing services market this year of 2012. Let's make the changes friend.

:D

ContentVisionz, Mar 16, 2012 IP
    crazy4warez and rajgupta like this.
  2. workerabc1

workerabc1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, you are right. We need to maintain a reputation and need to overcome the mentality of selling and buying everything cheap.

workerabc1, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  3. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been fighting against it for quite some time now. Funny how someone with some college and fluency in American English can be passed over because they dare to ask to be paid properly for it. The content on the internet is going downhill with poor English, re-written content and plagiarism. The people who insist on trying to save a buck are ultimately who I blame for this. I mock them and their failing blogs and forums every time I see a error ridden article or post. Common sense should tell them that it takes money to make money and if your content isn't there to start off with then the money won't be there for you either.

lassie911, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  4. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 14
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

You're totally right lassie911.. People nowadays seems to go over cheap quality than high quality all despite of the money game!!

ContentVisionz, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  5. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Honestly, if the amount of grammatical errors present in the posts of those who offer writing services is an indicator of their deliverable, I think many are *still* charging too much.

Don't get me wrong, there are several very talented writers out there, and they certainly deserve to be paid top dollar; but the rest fall short.

That's the painful truth. If you're a good writer, you will accumulate a loyal customer base.

itsme, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  6. thestrangefruit

thestrangefruit Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This thread is a joke. If you can't compete, get out of the service industry.

thestrangefruit, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  7. dreamwrite

dreamwrite Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am just starting up here so I have no feedback yet. how do I convince clients that I can create high quality posts?

dreamwrite, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  8. bigmac

bigmac Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This is not a trade, have your view but atleast do it in the right forum specially when your talking about peoples reading and writing abilitys.

bigmac, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  9. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with lassie911. There are SO many websites and blogs out there today that feature HORRIBLY written content. Nothing makes a person click off a site faster than poorly written material. So the buyers who are paying pennies for content are truly getting what they pay for. Sad thing is, most don't have a clue! I have been instructed here recently to "write like the rest of my site is written" and when I visited the site, it was a joke! The grammar was laughable!

awundrin, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  10. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Being an writer I must say I feel Sorry for those writers who provide writing services at mad cheap price. Actually those people could get right price for their service if they could convince the buyer a little.

Really they lack confidence , and better admit that!

seo_buzz, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  11. mark9.net

mark9.net Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please study simple process of demand and supply.
    Its quite natural we can never take control in our hands.

mark9.net, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  12. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 14
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm talking about the cheap rates provided by most of the writers and not about the level of competition...:)

ContentVisionz, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  13. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So basically you are complaining that low rates are killing the market value for content writing.
    The issue I have with that is on a business level, the truth is the price will balance out naturally.

The reason why article writing can be very cheap but then again very expensive is because writing does not take a massive amount of skill to learn. There are so many people that can write which is why the value is lower. Before you became a writer you should've thought of that. If you learn something such as Python then the skills required are higher which is why the price is higher.
    The truth is no online writer without being a professional deserves to make $100 an hour.

Laceygirl, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  14. Ramsesx

Ramsesx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice try but you can't stop the market. Same could be said in the photography industry "don't sell cheap images" or the graphic guys selling high quality logos for 5€.
    Everything what can be more or less easy done by a lot of people will be cheap, that's how it works.

Ramsesx, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  15. Workingatfver

Workingatfver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The proof is in the pudding. You have to believe that you can do it! If your English or grammar sucks, brush up on it! There's plenty of free websites that have some touch up lessons. To acquire a potential customer base, I suggest offering to give your potential customers a sample free article. Yes you read that right, a sample free article. If you worry about losing too much money in the end, then put a minimum. Treat them like Review Copies. Offer to rewrite a sample free article for a select few (like 6 members) in exchange for testimonials. Simple enough, Right? I hope this helped.

Workingatfver, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  16. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 14
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for sharing such nice information

ContentVisionz, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  17. mentos514

mentos514 Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i'm looking for dirt cheap writers. Please PM if you are interested to write!!

mentos514, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  18. Abani

Abani Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good that you brought this up. Just today I've been offered to write 100 articles (each 500 words) and the guy thinks he's doing me a favor by offering to pay $1.5 per page!! The problem doesn't lie with people buying services - the providers need to stop grabbing anything and everything thrown their way!!

Abani, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  19. thestrangefruit

thestrangefruit Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay, since you don't even seem to understand what you have wrote I will outline it myself. You are "complaining" about the cheap rates. Guess what, who the hell cares? You've replied to me with your nonsense that you weren't talking about the "level of competition" but you have no idea what you are talking about. Supply and demand are the forces behind any market. That would include the content market.

Lowering prices allows providers to snag clients that are looking for a deal. If the provider can provide the quality they are seeking, the client can be converted into a repeat buyer.

All I honestly see here is you whining about your competitions prices. So I will say it once more. If you can't compete get out of the market.

Thestrangefruit

thestrangefruit, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  20. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 14
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I understand that writers like you whom are willing to writer articles even for few dollars won't be bothered whether how much you are paid.. There are writers whom concerned about the pay they should deserve for their level of writing. Nowadays you need to know that most of the clients are getting frustrated with low priced writers due to the quality of the contents they provide.. And if you really not satisfied compare the writing quality of cheap writers and high paid writers and you will witness it yourself...

Seriously your argument doesn't make sense i'm just talking in behalf of writers on what they deserve for their writing skills.. If you want to provide your dirt cheap rate go on...I'm not stopping you...:)

ContentVisionz, Mar 20, 2012 IP