1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what does DP consider spam?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hoppus, Mar 17, 2012.

i'm getting back into internet marketing \ SEO, and DigitalPoint is proving to be a magnificent pool of knowledge for me. An excellent place to learn, pick up experience, and even socially connect with like-minded people.

i just posted a few (roughly 3 i think) threads asking some questions how to better my internet marketing \ SEO strategies. kinda hoping DP moderators don't think i'm a spammer just trying to gain backlinks via signature. so should i cool down with the questions, space it out a bit? or am i alright?

Hoppus, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  2. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Moderators will let you know if your doing something wrong by giving infractions or just warnings. It's mainly senseless posting, your ok ;)

Shazz, Mar 17, 2012 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. safeinvest0r

safeinvest0r Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldnt worry that much.Altrhough we know moderators are giving infractions easily , your posts don't look like spam.

safeinvest0r, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    That's spam. So, iow, you're a spammer and you just don't want DP to ban you for spamming DP. Do I have that right? Yes I do.

drhowarddrfine, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  5. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    wowzah. alright, aside from the fact that DigitalPoint appears to have automatically removed the term i used before "/ SEO", the post you quoted wasn't even spam. You could have come to so many other conclusions but you went with "... spam". Pretty simple minded of you. It could have been a number of possibilities like, maybe it was a typo, or maybe english isn't my primary language so i messed up (like many other DP users). but you went with "... spam", and in such an arrogant, ignorant way. which can constitute as spam. are you spamming? or are you trolling? either? i think so. do i have that right? yes... yes i do.

hmmm interesting & confusing automatic editing of posts DP has. removes text before and after slashes. odd. didn't know.

Hoppus, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Post information that you think is fitting for the forums. Not just with the aim of inserting some backlinks. We are always on the lookout for spammers, not because we want to lessen our member base. But on the contrary, getting rid of spammers help increase our membership base because members will have less frustrations going through pages of spam posts. For anyone who thinks a post is a scam do click on report, and we will investigate.

wisdomtool, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  7. Mechanical

Mechanical Banned

Best Answers:
    Even I received a PM from a new member here with 0 posts. I reported that to MODS.

Mechanical, Mar 18, 2012 IP