1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'Google' started by David Kraft, Mar 16, 2012.

Hey, I have a website that is essentially just one sales page for a product. The product is new, I have a patent pending on it, so I don't even know how to drive traffic to the site. What I mean to say is that a market does not really exist on Google for me to compete with... Also, since I only have one page, can I even get search engine optimized? thanks

David Kraft, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is yes. Every single page is individual page, you can still work out on SEO although your site is just one page

lifeplayer, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  3. kamimura

kamimura Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, you can optimize even its one page only.

kamimura, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  4. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you can optimize it. you've got a pretty good chance of success if you're the only product in the niche\market. :) best of luck.

Hoppus, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  5. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's a pretty simple answer...

YES!....:)

GuruCreation, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  6. flybuzz

flybuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think nobody here really answered what you are asking. On the surface I think you are asking if it's possible to optimize one single business page, as everyone here agrees, that it can be done. But what I think you are really asking is, is one page enough to generate enough sales from google to make you rich. That is entirely different ballgame. There is a big difference between optimize seo for one page and offline/online promotion for your business. It will depend a lot upon how good your product is, and how much money you have for advertising. If you think can create a successfully business without internet/google, then definitely that one page will take off. On the other hand, if you think you need to rely wholly/mostly on google to promote your product, chances are you won't make it.

flybuzz, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  7. coreseo

coreseo Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can definitely optimize your page... and as you are saying that there is no competition on google.. its pretty much easier to make it to the first page.

coreseo, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  8. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you can optimize your page, it doesn't matter if it is only one page.

chinasa, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  9. MarkHeron

MarkHeron Peon

Best Answers:
    A single page isn't going to be as good as traditional websites, though, especially if it's obviously selling something because Google dislikes commercial sites. Google prefers informative sites to rank.

MarkHeron, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  10. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter if your site is 1 page or 100, if there is no competition likely there is no traffic also so keep that in mind. Often with a new product you need to find similar products to compete with to get any traffic.

mchrest, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  11. MarkHeron

MarkHeron Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't agree with this... some keywords just haven't been explored yet. Remember that Google stated over 30% of searches are for new keywords.

MarkHeron, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  12. Richard Wheeler

Richard Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    One page sites can rank, especially in an untapped market. Google does however like certain things, like about me, contact me, privacy policy pages, and will bump up your rank if you include those easy to make pages.

Richard Wheeler, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  13. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You've got an even better chance if you create your own market by setting up competitor sites too (which obviously you own, or you offer an affiliate program).

blacknet, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  14. David Kraft

David Kraft Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. It's all much appreciated. I'm doing my best to optimize it with just the one page. Are there any tools out there that will help me sort of "assess" how well I've optimized?

My page will hopefully show up in signature on DP soon.

David Kraft, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  15. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    Make the title of the website to reach your customers. Your page is the part of your website and it is not difficult to promote this.

Allthebest, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  16. David Kraft

David Kraft Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried to optimize the site the best I can, but search engine traffic is just barely trickling in. It's also a bit of a challenge because Google, Yahoo and Facebook won't let me advertise a tobacco related product. I think I'm going to call them today and try to get an exception. The product is actually intended to get rid of second hand smoke, not to help somebody smoke, so maybe I can get an exception. The system automatically sees the word "smoke" and tries to reject my ads.

David Kraft, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  17. MarkHeron

MarkHeron Peon

Best Answers:
    If by untapped you mean non-existent, then yes, it's the same way long-tail keywords work. Any page can rank really if no one is searching for those keywords.

MarkHeron, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  18. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you looking to sell the product, why not use Adwords then.

Nystul, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  19. Jason1985

Jason1985 Member

Best Answers:
    I think if you do offsite SEO stuff that points back to that page you can rank it for a good converting keyword for traffic. Also use forum traffic as well for that niche

Jason1985, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  20. MarkHeron

MarkHeron Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting forum traffic can be quite tricky. You have to be very engaging when you talk to people.

MarkHeron, Mar 31, 2012 IP