1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remote Monitoring Software

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by subtle, Nov 3, 2010.

Hi All,

I work for a large website here in Australia and we have a number of employees abroad and like to monitor their progress. We do this by taking a screenshot of their desktop at fifteen minute intervals and review the screenshots before processing their invoices. They are completely aware of this, though are unable to view the screenshots and alter them.

The current software we were using was a custom piece of software written quite some time ago and is now riddled with bugs once we upgraded to Windows 7.

We are currently looking around for another piece of software, and was curious to see if anyone else out there has had some experience with this sort of software and could perhaps recommend something to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

subtle, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  2. moneygame

moneygame Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you thought about monitoring and paying them through odesk.com? That way you can kill two birds with one stone (payroll & monitoring). I did it about a year ago and it worked great.

moneygame, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. meantime

meantime Peon

Best Answers:
    for my opinion good way to solve problem wit employees monitoring is install a good aplications tracker with keylogger function.such as ActyMacDutyWatch for example.they don't know,you sleep good and save a lot of money.

meantime, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  4. computerlaptop

computerlaptop Peon

Best Answers:
    Remote monitoring software is the perfect tracking solution if you need to monitor a computer, but do not have frequent access to the computer that you need to monitor.

computerlaptop, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  5. meantime

meantime Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way,mac users can try Logon_sentry from ProteMac-good solution for wise people.

meantime, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  6. newpig

newpig Active Member

Best Answers:
    For pc , you can use remote monitoring software from pc-remote-monitoring.com or remote-pc-spy.com
    For mac , you can try mac keylogger from keylogger-mac.com

newpig, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  7. JulietS

JulietS Peon

Best Answers:
    JulietS, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  8. BuzzHost

BuzzHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm I am curious about what type of site you work for it may be that whmcs could work for your needs as for invoicing the other workers. I think alot of people are forgetting that whmcs is not just for web hosting but can be adapted to use with many other website integrated functions that deal with invoices and so forth it could possibly be tracking work progression. Just a thought and it may not be able to be used for your type of site depending on the site it self.

BuzzHost, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  9. summerology

summerology Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you might need a newer version of employee monitoring software or some other tool. I'd suggest you check out TimeDoctor. Hope it helps! :D

summerology, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  10. expertvm

expertvm Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a friend who are using this to monitor their staff in Malaysia. I heard it is pretty good

expertvm, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  11. amgadhs

amgadhs Peon

Best Answers:
    I used rescuetime.com for a few months when I had freelance developers working on a project for me. It doesn't slowdown the computer by taking screenshots, instead it lists the programs and websites the users opened in a daily report even the ones they used for a few seconds.

amgadhs, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  12. Jennifer555

Jennifer555 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to use remote monitoring software in my company so I did a research and started using Praetorian Guard a few months ago. I don’t have any complaints from it so far. My computers are running on Windows 7. I’ve set the screenshots to be taken every 2 minutes but you can set them to whatever time frame you need. It also has the option to view data for an employee’s PC by playing it as a slideshow or as a movie (which has been very handy :)).

Jennifer555, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  13. RobertStev

RobertStev Peon

Best Answers:
    online searching will show a lot of options

RobertStev, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  14. GGjonah

GGjonah Member

Best Answers:
    DesktopGate can collect all hardware information with a single click. It is an employee monitoring solution with lots of other benefits such as this.

GGjonah, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  15. badolfus

badolfus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    badolfus, Nov 13, 2012 IP