1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First flipping experience

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peachesncream, Jan 14, 2012.

I have a great interest in flipping domains or basic websites, but I'm a little nervous to jump right in. I am thinking about checking out the godaddy auctions first. I know there are a lot of experienced people on this board, so i was wondering what you first website flipping experience was like. How did it go and were you happy with the results?

peachesncream, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  2. WPC

WPC Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be patient and have a lot of time if you want to flip a good deal, I owned a domain for 2 years, and it had page rank 4. Invested roughly $600 into it over 2 years, including vps, ssl, forum software. Then sold it for $7,500 via Flippa, using escrow.

WPC, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  3. Cybria

Cybria Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you choose to wait two years to sell it or could you have sold it for that much profit earlier on?

Cybria, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  4. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    There are tons of books on site flipping. While some people build a site over time there are still many people that spend less than a week building and marketing a site and sale it right after. It really depends on what kind of time you want to spend on site flipping and how much funds you have to spend on the process. Practice and confidence is all you really need. Take some time to research every part of website flipping and go on from there. ... Best of luck!

sweetcrabhoney18, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  5. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    That must be your good experience.

edvvardbrian, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  6. setailiffa.com

setailiffa.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I would spend every day on flippa examining what sells, then try to copy something that seems doable and that was successful. Try shorter term things first because you will learn faster. Good luck!

setailiffa.com, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  7. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree that modeling your next website after what is currently selling well may be a viable choice. However, it also depends how relevant and evergreen the topic of the site is because it may take some time to build up organic traffic (and/or ad revenue).

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  8. lachlandv

lachlandv Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd stay start small if you are going with flipping websites, it's a very competitive market and can be hard to make a profit with hosting, domain, listing, SEO, advertising costs.

If you are going with domains which I recommend it's something which you can definitely get into straight away.
    Shoot me a PM and I'll provide you with some information that would start you off in the domaining industry.

lachlandv, Mar 24, 2012 IP